The IBPS PO Interview is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and is the last stage of the recruitment process.
The culmination of the Probationary Officers’ exam process is the IBPS PO interview.
The interview carries 100 marks out of which candidates have to secure at least 40(35 for SC/ST and PWD candidates) to clear the Bank PO interview.
The IBPS PO interview for the 2019-20 recruitment is scheduled to be conducted between January 14, 2020, to February 6, 2020. Candidates can look for the best IBPS PO interview tips in this article.
However, the IBPS interview cut off score has remained between 70 to 80 every year.
The interview call letters are released in the month of January every year by IBPS.
As preparation for the written exams (CWE) take up the bulk of a candidates’ time, many of them neglect this important part of the IBPS PO Exam.
To help candidates at every stage of the bank exam, we bring you some IBPS PO interview tips. Before we dive into the ways to ace the bank PO interview, let us check out some salient features of the interview:
- The interview board consists of 4-5 members including eminent bankers and a psychologist.
- Interview sessions typically last for 10-15 minutes and during this time, the candidate may have to answer at least 15 questions.
- The questions are based on your profile, such as education, employment history, hobbies, important achievements, and temperament.
- Some panels may include topics such as banking awareness, culture, and current affairs.
For details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
Now that we have discussed some key features of the interview of Bank PO, we will look at strategies and tips to prepare for IBPS interview.
Candidates can check the IBPS PO result at the linked article.
Before getting into depth, check some important links related to IBPS Exams:
|IBPS Exams||IBPS PO Syllabus||IBPS PO Exam Pattern|
|IBPS PO Eligibility||IBPS RRB Notifications||IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis||Salary Range For Bank Posts||IBPS Exam Dates|
These will come in handy during the run-up to the interview as well as during the interview itself. This test is designed to check a candidates’ temperament as well as interpersonal skills.
Here are the key areas that the IBPS PO interview panel will focus on:
- Knowledge about Banking and Current Affairs related to it.
- Educational qualifications and background.
- Situational awareness and ability perform under pressure.
- Leadership ability and behavioral traits.
- Temperament and mindset, cultural fit to the banking industry
- Confidence and communication skills.
The way that a candidate dresses will make the first impression on the panel. Hence, it is very important to dress comfortably and formally.
Once the IBPS PO Interview procedure is complete and the final result is declared, candidates shall start their anticipation for the upcoming IBPS PO exam. To prepare for the upcoming IBPS exams, candidates can refer to the detailed bank exam syllabus given in the linked article.
The choice of clothes should be appropriate for the weather and the workplace. Formal western wear is recommended for both men and women.
However, women also have the option of wearing traditional formal wear for the interview.
The following are a few tips for the last day before the interview for Bank PO.
- Get some good quality sleep. It is very important to be fresh and energetic on the interview day as depending on the position of the candidate in the list of interviewees, they may have to wait for a long time before their interview starts.
- Brush up on Current Affairs, business and institutional news before the day of the interview. This would allow you to be confident about answering most of the questions related to general awareness.
- Read your bio-data thoroughly so as not to miss anything. Interviewers would ask a lot of questions about your credentials so be prepared to answer them truthfully and convincingly.
- Keep all your documents in one folder and carry it for the interview. The document verification process is conducted concurrently and it is important to have them on hand as the institute does not allow those without documents to attend the interview.
- If possible, arrange transportation to the center well in advance. It is not advisable to be late for the interview as it creates a negative impression on the board.
Candidates willing to know the IBPS PO salary structure can visit the linked article and know details like perks and allowances provided to a Probationary Officer by IBPS.
Here are a few activities to avoid on interview day:
- Avoid smoking, chewing gum or using strong perfumes on the interview day. These are considered tardiness by the bank industry.
- Do not be rude or impatient as this is a services industry interview. Politeness is valued in banks.
- Do not jump to conclusions and answer questions without thinking. While encountering cross-questioning by the panel, avoid being defensive or interrupting them.
- Do not answer any questions you are not sure of straight away. Instead, let the panel know that you are not sure of the answer and if they ask for your views then, answer the question to the best of your knowledge.
The IBPS PO Interview is the last stage of the Bank PO exam process. The candidates who clear this stage will be recruited in one of the most reputed public sector banks in India.
know the detailed information related to various Bank PO examinations.
Following the above strategies would enable aspirants to perform better in the interview and secure the coveted job of a banker.
Candidates can access free resources like notifications, study material and tips and tricks at BYJU’S.