The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the PO Exam every year. Candidates need to clear all the 3 rounds of this IBPS Exam in order to be recruited as the Probationary Officer under Public Sector Banks in India.
After the candidate has cleared the IBPS Prelims and IBPS Mains exam, he/she is eligible for the IBPS interview process. The overall personality of the aspirant is judged in the interview process.
The interview can either be taken by a single panelist or a group of panelists. In both these cases, the aspirant needs to be prepared properly for this bank exam.
This article will help candidates to prepare for their final stage. Candidates have to follow the tips shared while appearing for the Final round i.e IBPS PO Interview.
Preparing for the IBPS PO exam Interview in a proper way will help candidates achieve their dream designation of Probationary Officer.
You can also explore information on various Bank PO examinations, in the linked article.
Tips for IBPS PO Interview
Some important tips for the IBPS PO Interview are given below:
- The candidate must be fully aware of the content they have provided in their bio-data. It is very important as the interview panel asks questions from the candidate’s resume itself.
- Be prepared with your greatest strengths and weaknesses; your significant work experience and future plans.
- Be well prepared with the concepts pertaining to the technical aspect of banking, the panel expects from you to be capable enough to answer questions related to the field of banking.
- Rehearsal with mock interviews also read interview experiences.
- Learn well about the organization the candidate is applying in. Be prepared with all sorts of useful information regarding the organization such as organization’s size, history, main products and services, names of top executives and current new stories.
- The candidate must have good communication skill which can be developed from reading newspapers and watching English news and documentaries.
- The candidate must have good intrapersonal skills.
- The candidate must address the panelists by using Mr. or Madame in case of male and female respectively.
- Sit straight in confident posture.
- Talk confidently.
- Do not repeat a point.
- Be assertive yet humble. Stick to your values and beliefs, but respect others’ values and opinions.
- Be natural.
- Make eye contact with the participants and interviewers. It creates more room for conversation.
- Be positive and confident.
- Back your answer with a fact or numbers. It proves your certainty.
- Be relaxed during the process.
- Maintain calm emotions.
- Do not fold your arms; it is a sign of rudeness.
- Do not try to promise unrealistic claims.
- Dress appropriately.
- Be on time. Be punctual.
- Always thank the panel/ interviewer before you leave.
Candidates should do a proper bank exam preparation for achieving great results in the exam. Don’t take stress and neither take it casually. Enjoy the feeling of getting selected for the IBPS PO interview because you are among the luckiest ones who got selected for this last round in the most sought after examination in the banking field.
Related links for your Interview preparation: