What Is The Full Form Of NIC?
The Full Form Of NIC is a Network Interface Card
NIC stands for Network Interface Card: It is a card that holds an Ethernet adapter for connecting the computer to a wired network. It is also called Ethernet or physical or network card. It has the capacity to bestow a secure, reliable and faster connection.
It is one of the powerful components to connect a device to the network. Any device that needs to be connected with a network should have a network interface card.
Advantages of NIC
- NIC provides a reliable, secure, and faster connection than the wireless network card.
- It supports joining external devices by utilizing multiple NIC ports.
- The communication speed in NIC is high.
- Network Interface cards are quite affordable.
- Through this, NIC users can share a huge amount of data.
Disadvantages of NIC
- NIC demands a decent configuration to serve efficiently.
- NIC cards are not that safe, so the data inside NIC is not protected.
- NIC is inconvenient to operate.
- For wired NIC, a hard-wired connection is required.