Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS is an independent agency in India which has been employing many aspiring candidates over the years in Finance and Banking sector.
IBPS PO Exam is conducted in two levels that is the Preliminary Exam which is followed by Mains Exam after which selected candidates are called for the Interview.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam
The questions are Objective Type. The time duration for Preliminary Exam is 1 hour. It consists of 3 subjects, English Language, Reasoning Ability & Quantitative Aptitude.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio & proportion; Averages; Percentages
- Time & Work; Speed, Distance & Time; Clocks
- Stocks & Shares; Partnership
- Mixture & Alligation; Profit; Loss & Discount; Simple & Compound Interest
- Volume & Surface area; Mensuration
- Height and Distance: Application In Trigonometry; Equations of Algebra
- Permutations & Combinations; Logarithms
- Upstream and Downstream; Data Interpretation
The expected number of questions from Quantitative Aptitude in IBPS PO Prelims is given below.
|Topics||Expected Number of Questions|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||3|
|Profit & Loss||2|
|Mixtures & Allegations||1-2|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest||1-2|
|Work & Time||2|
|Time & Distance||2|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||1-2|
|Permutation, Combination & Probability||5|
|Sequence & Series||5|
Know the detailed section-wise bank exam syllabus at the linked article.