Linux is a popular independent portable operating system. It is a multitasking operating system that includes shared virtual memory libraries, memory management, TCP / IP network capabilities, and commercial operating system capabilities. A Linux distribution is an operating system that consists of a collection of software based on the Linux kernel, or the distribution contains the Linux kernel and software support libraries.
MCQs on Linux
Solve Linux Multiple-Choice Questions to prepare better for GATE. Learn more about Linux and Linux MCQs by checking notes, mock tests, and previous years’ question papers. Gauge the pattern of MCQs on Linux by solving the ones that we have compiled below for your practice:
Linux Multiple-Choice Questions
1. Which of these commands do we use for removing the files?
Answer: (c) rm
2. Which of these hardware architectures does Red Hat not support?
Answer: (a) Macintosh
3. Which of these commands do we use for the creation of an installation boot floppy in Linux?
a. bootfp disk
b. mkboot disk
c. dd & rawrite
d. w & rawrite
Answer: (c) dd & rawrite
4. In which of these directories do we store the user-defined files of the system that we use for the creation of various user directories?
Answer: (b) /etc/skel
5. Which of these is NOT used in the form of a communication command?
Answer: (d) grep
6. Which of these commands do we use for listing the files, namely, chap01, chap02, and chap03?
a. Is – x chap0
b. Is chap*
c. Is chap0
d. Is chap
Answer: (d) Is chap
7. Which of these commands do we use for the sorting of data lines in a file in alphabetical order?
c. sort – r
Answer: (b) sort
8. By default, which of these ports does squid listen to?
Answer: (a) 3128
9. Which of these commands do we use in the NFS servers so as to see the servers that are running?
Answer: (b) rpcinfo
10. The token management and dialogue control in the OSI network architecture are responsible for the:
a. transport layer
b. data link layer
c. session layer
d. network layer
Answer: (d) network layer
11. Out of the following NIS clients, which one would find the information about any NIS domain as well as server and then store it?
Answer: (c) ypbind
12. Which of these commands do we use for just counting the total number of lines that a file contains?
a. wc – l
b. wc – c
c. wc – w
d. wc – r
Answer: (a) wc – l
13. Which of these types of installations do need a special boot disk?
d. All of the above
Answer: (d) All of the above
14. Which of these do NOT constitute as a default part of the email system of Red Hat Linux?
a. The MTA
d. The MUA
Answer: (b) Pine
15. Which of these commands do we use for forcing all the buffers to the disk?
Answer: (c) sync
Keep learning and stay tuned to get the latest updates on the GATE Exam along with GATE MCQs, GATE Eligibility Criteria, GATE Syllabus for CSE (Computer Science Engineering), GATE Notes for CSE, GATE CSE Question Paper, and more.