IBPS PO 2019 exam is just a few months away. Candidates should do proper preparation to avoid confusion at the last moment.
However, in this article, certain last-minute preparation tips and strategies are discussed with an aim to help them crack the IBPS PO exam.
First of all, there is a requirement of having knowledge about the examination pattern of the IBPS PO Prelims as well as Mains.
This bank exam is very crucial for aspirants trying to get recruited as a Probationary Officer under Public sector banks in India.
IBPS PO Prelims Examination Pattern
It is important to know about the exam pattern of IBPS PO Examinations in order to prepare for the same. The IBPS PO Exam Pattern has 3 sections, namely Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern is given below:
IBPS PO Prelims Examination Pattern
|Sl. No.||Topic||No. of Questions||Marks Obtained||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||01 Hour|
IBPS PO Mains Examination Pattern
It is important to have knowledge about the examination pattern of IBPS PO Mains. The number of questions marks obtained in each section and the time duration for each section.
|Sl. No.||Topic||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||3 hour 30 minutes|
|4.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60|
|5.||English Language(Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25|
There are some tips regarding the last minute preparation for IBPS PO:
- Go through the syllabus: Candidates should focus on the IBPS PO Syllabus to understand the topic related questions and the expected level of difficulty in the PO Exam.
- Focus on Accuracy: Accuracy is one of the main concerns while appearing for the IBPS PO Exams.
- Time Management: The first and foremost requirement is to know the value of time, as the examination is time-based. In order to solve the entire question paper, the questions that require lesser time must be solved first so that there is time left to solve the rest of the questions.
- Notice your strong points: The candidate should always start solving those questions in which they are confident enough or else they will end up being confused and not be able to complete the question paper.
- Information about Negative Marking in the question paper: The candidate must be aware of the negative marking on every wrong answer. There is a ¼ deduction of marks for every wrong answer.
Guidelines for solving the various sections efficiently
English Language: It is common for both IBPS Prelims as well as Mains. The candidate is allotted 30 minutes to complete this section.
The parts that take lesser time like Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Test, etc. can be solved easily and should be attempted first. The lengthy portions like comprehension and Para-jumbles must be done after the completion of those small topics.
Quantitative Aptitude: It is quite tricky as well as a difficult section. The time allotted for this section is 40 minutes. It requires a lot of practice before solving them.
Try to prevent errors in this section. The topics that take less time like Data Interpretation or Number Series should be solved first followed by the miscellaneous problems.
Reasoning: The time allotted for Reasoning section is 40 minutes. This is a section you can master in by practising daily.
This is the trickiest section of all for any examination point of view. The question based on puzzles and seating arrangement must be solved later. The questions on Syllogism, Inequality, etc. must be solved first.
General Awareness: This section is to be solved in 20 minutes. In this section the main concern is to be aware of the daily happenings around the globe, as well as the focus is given on Banking Awareness.
Go through the newspaper daily and go through the news like Sports, Business, National as well as International, latest Government and the G.K topics like Prime Ministers of various countries, Capitals, Flags, etc.
Computer Knowledge: The time allotted for this section is only 10 minutes. Computer knowledge can be increased by being in touch with the G.K of computers.
As the world is advancing day by day and everybody having their personal computers, the need is just to sit and have a look at the various parts, how it works.
This article will give an overall idea about the IBPS PO exam in a way that helps the candidates focus on the major topics in a planned way. In the end, it depends on the candidate’s confidence and level of determination of achieving the goal of getting the dream job.