In India, SBI PO is a dream for many aspiring candidates. In this article, we would learn about various tips and tricks for SBI PO preparation in 60 days. This piece will help you to plan for the exam accordingly and stay at the top of your preparation and spend your time in a productive way.
To know more about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Exam
The SBI PO exam is a challenging exam. Every year, the rate of aspiring candidates increasing at an exponential rate, so there is huge competition for PO jobs in India. Hence, this is the reason why candidates are desperately in search of SBI PO preparation plan to crack the exam with ease.
To explore more about other Govt Exams, check at the linked article.
The SBI PO exam consists of three phases:
At present, a huge tide of intelligent people are shifting towards the banking sector due to its huge career opportunities and quite obviously the foremost option that comes to everyone’s mind is the post for SBI Probationary Officer (PO).
SBI conducts its own exam i.e. the SBI PO Exam to recruit Probationary Officers for its various branches across the country who would serve as Assistant Managers after a probation of two years.
To know more about different SBI exams, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Preparation
Candidates who are determined to crack the exam need to start their SBI PO preparation at the earliest and can achieve the desired results in 60 days.
The job market is pretty competitive and the demand for bank exams is high in comparison to other jobs. It has become a necessity for all the SBI PO aspirants to be a step ahead of others to beat the cut-throat competition for the bank exams. Often many candidates miss out the important time for the preparation and start to lose their confidence before the exam.
In this article, we bring you a detailed preparation guide for all those candidates who have two months of time to prepare for the SBI PO exam 2019.
The First Month:
- Know the details: The initial step is to get very well acquainted with the details of the exam i.e. with the SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern, important dates and the duration of the tests.
- Strategise the preparation: After knowing the syllabus and pattern, start the initial differentiation of the weak and strong topics and create a timetable for one month covering the entire syllabus.
- Prioritize every section and topic: As the exam has a sectional and overall cut off, so it is very important to prepare every section properly and every topic should be covered completely, if possible.
- Start Reading: This is the best way to enhance the English language prowess by improving vocabulary, grammar and comprehension skills. It is advisable for candidates to read English newspapers, magazines, journals and follow a standard grammar book.
- Follow news: This will ensure that you should have a proper SBI PO preparation plan for attempting the General Awareness section of the SBI PO Mains exam. Candidates should watch news channels and read newspapers regularly to get well versed with the recent happenings.
- Make notes: This is also a very important habit as by making notes, the memory retention will also improve and the same notes can be used at the time of revision.
To learn useful tips to solve the Quantitative Aptitude section of the SBI PO exam, click here.
The Second Month:
- Practice: This is the time to practice questions from all those topics which have been covered during preparation. So practice different types of questions along with solving various sample and previous years question papers to get well versed with the level of questions.
- Take Mock Tests: Mock tests serve an excellent purpose by acquainting the candidates with the real exam scenario and helps to solve important questions which aid in preparation.
- Revise: Take the notes made earlier and start revising the topics. Analyse the preparation and check if everything prepared is properly retained.
- Keep following latest news: It is very important to know the recent affairs, especially the issues involving banking and financial matters.
We’ve covered a lot about the preparation strategies for the SBI PO exam. Some exam and basic interview related tips are also provided here so that the candidates can act accordingly, score well and achieve the post of PO.
To know about the SBI PO preparation at length, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Exam Tips
Here are some of the best exam tips for SBI PO preparation in 60 days:
- Manage time
As the exams have limited time with many questions, it is very important to manage time efficiently. Assign time for every section and attempt all the sections with equal priority.
- Be Accurate
Since the exams have a one-fourth negative marking scheme, this risk is worth avoiding. Solve the questions with full accuracy and avoid making rough guesses while solving the paper.
- Follow Recurring Strategy
This is probably the best way to clear the exam with ease. Start with the easy questions by trying to solve half the questions from every section and then come back to the tougher ones. Check the section which has least number of questions attempted and start to solve from that section. Continue this cycle unless the time is over.
- Be well dressed
- Be punctual
- Be soft spoken
- Be relevant
- Be well versed in the financial and banking issues
- Be confident and maintain proper body posture
With all these important tips for the SBI PO exam, this highly competitive exam can be cracked easily. Be focused and dedicated for these 2 months and success would surely follow. For more preparation tips on various upcoming bank exams, join BYJU’S Bank Exam Learning Program and ace the exam with flying colours.