Lakhs of aspirants appear for bank exams, but only handful of them clear it. Many candidates even fail at several attempts. The bank examinations mainly of IBPS and SBI for different posts are not that easy to crack. The number of candidates who cleared the IBPS exam is much less than those who failed. Every year the number of candidates increases; as a result, the rate of failure increases.
Despite rigorous preparation and hard work, many candidates fail to qualify for the exam. Many higher authorities of concerned banks judge the candidates during the interview and find that they lack in communication skills. So even after passing the written examination based on their merit, they fail to go through the interview process.
Other than the interview process, the preparation of the written examinations can be improvised, which will help in reducing the rate of failure. Below listed are a few mistakes that candidates must avoid while preparing for the IBPS Bank exam 2020.
The IBPS syllabus is similar to the one followed for most of the other banking sector exams. Candidates can check the detailed section-wise bank exam syllabus at the linked article.
Reasons why candidates fail to clear the bank exam:
- Unaware of the changes in exam pattern and syllabus: The pattern and the syllabus are changing every year. Some less important topics have no weightage over the years. The two tiers prelims and mains have been introduced lately. Some candidates do not follow these changes; hence they do not come up with the solutions to every question asked in the question paper.
- Not knowing previous year Exam papers and cut-offs: Depending on coaching institutes and unawareness of last year exam papers and sectional cut-offs is one of the main reasons why candidates fail. The overall cut-offs give you an idea about your targeted score.
Solution: Solving IBPS previous years question paper would probably help.
You can also check the important topics in IBPS Syllabus.
- Unaware of the tough competition: Candidates appearing for the bank examination take it very casually, which is one of the primary reasons why candidates do not qualify. There are lakhs of aspirants applying for a post where the vacancies are in thousands. The competition for the exam is highly tough. Therefore the selection rate is very low, which depends mainly on the performance and the sectional cut-offs.
- Online mode not familiar: Some candidates are not accustomed to the online mode of examination. Many times we face a technical problem. Some candidates do not know to switch or scan from one section to another. These candidates fail to clear sectional cut-off.
Solution: Solving mock test papers of all India level before the examination will give you an idea of how to deal with such a vast competition. Practice IBPS Mock Tests to prepare well for the exam.
|IBPS PO Mock Tests||IBPS SO Mock Tests||IBPS RRB Mock Tests|
|IBPS Clerk Mock Tests||IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Papers||IBPS PO Previous Year Question Papers|
- Wrong guess: There is a negative marking for every wrong attempt. So candidates tend to forget about this marking system, and they give answers to the questions by guessing. So the marks which would have cleared their sectional cut-off gets reduced. Hence they fail to clear the exam. Candidates often lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Solution: Do not guess the answers until you are entirely sure.
- Exam anxiety: These examinations have a limited time to attempt all the questions. So out of the tension of exam, candidates fail to attempt the questions in the given time. The time factor plays an important role.
- Lack of practice: Candidates often study for once and do not practice at all. Subjects like reasoning and quantitative aptitude need a lot of practice. The candidates do not work enough on their weaker sections, and sometimes they are so overconfident that they tend to forget about giving mock test regularly for their self-evaluation.
Solution: Attempt more questions on online mode through practice papers. Check free online quiz for IBPS Bank exam 2020 to get accustomed to the online mode of examination and time-bound tests.
- Lacks in self-evaluation while giving mock tests: Speed and accuracy run hand in hand. If you have speed, you must have the accuracy, so while preparation through mock test candidates does not self-evaluate based on these two factors.
Solution: Solving full-length speed tests will be useful
- Major questions in the exam are left unattempted: 70% of questions are left unattempted due to the fear of negative marking. So if this is the case, then it is evident that you will face failure.
Solution: Intelligent guesswork is all needed to attempt those questions instead of leaving it unattempted.
- Wrong strategy: The primary keys to crack bank exams are tricks and techniques. Most of the candidates are not even aware of those strategies, and the rest has wrong processes which result in a significant failure. The lengthy procedure of solving a problem consumes more time where candidates are not able to finish their exam on time.
Solution: Candidates should use tricks and shortcuts wherever possible.
- Basics not known: The roots of the topics are unknown to some of the aspiring candidates. A candidate needs to know the fundamentals before digging into the depth of it.
- Inappropriate study material: The candidates who go to coaching institutions blindly follow the reference books given to them without even matching it with the present syllabus of the bank exams. Lack of resources is one of the factors behind this major rate of failure.
Check out the relevant IBPS Books to prepare for the IBPS Bank exam 2020.
- Attempting difficult questions first: Candidates often get stuck with the tough questions, and the easier ones go unattempted due to the lack of time.
Solution: Easier questions which you are sure of are to be attempted first leaving the difficult ones for the last.
To know more about the IBPS salary, check the links below:
If the candidates overcome these hindrances, they can surely qualify the exam with a decent score.
Stay tuned to Byju’s for other details regarding IBPS bank exam.
Refer to the set of links given below and prepare yourself thoroughly to eliminate the chances of failing to qualify the IBPS exams:
|Banking Awareness||Principles of Insurance||Neighbouring Countries in India|
|General Awareness Preparation for Bank Exams||Dams in India||List of Governor in India|
|Tenses Rules||Maths Tricks and Shortcuts||Idioms and Phrases|