18th All India Whips’ Conference
- The two-day 18th All India Whips’ Conference, 2018 concluded in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Around 90 delegates including Ministers, Chief Whips and Whips in Parliament and State Legislatures participated in the conference.
- The basic purpose of the Conference is to discuss various aspects of parliamentary democracy which is the best form of Government among the available alternatives and to come out with some concrete resolutions so that the people of the country can be served in a better way.
Indian Railways launches transparent and efficient “New Online Vendor Registration System” in its research arm RDSO.
- In-line with the philosophy of the Government to make systems and procedures digital and transparent, Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO), (headquartered at Lucknow), the research arm of Ministry of Railways, has launched “New Online Vender Registration System”.
- This new system provides major improvements and paradigm changes in the registration system over the earlier system.
- Public access to the information, expeditious process completion with defined timelines, simplification of procedures, round-the-year services, availability of all related information on RDSO Website, constant monitoring at all levels, reduction in cycle timelines, regular updation of online data, user friendly interface etc. are the hallmarks of the new system.
Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals
- CPCSEA under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, is statutory body, constituted under Section 15 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960, for the purpose of controlling and supervising experiments on animals.
- The CPCSEA is mandated to alleviate pain & suffering to the laboratory animals before, during or after the performance of experiments on them. CPCSEA is trying to find appropriate alternatives to the use of animals in experiments in India.
- The objectives of the CPCSEA include providing online facilities to the establishments for registration and renewals and maintain a database for easy retrieval and exchange.
The main functions of CPCSEA are:
- Registration of establishments conducting animal experimentation or breeding of animals for this purpose.
- Selection and appointment of nominees in the Institutional Animal Ethics Committees of registered establishments.
- Approval of Animal House Facilities on the basis of reports of inspections conducted by CPCSEA.
- Permission for conducting experiments involving use of animals.
- Recommendation for import of animals for use in experiments.
- Action against establishments in case of violation of any legal norm/stipulation.
- A two-days training programme conducted by the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) to ensure that animals are not subjected to unnecessary pains or suffering before, during, or after experiments are performed on them.
- The theme was “Implementation of 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction and Refinement) while using animals in academic research and regulatory testing in India”