Digital communication is the communication that is transferred through signals from digital devices. It can send any type of information digitally. E.g., email, texting, video conferencing, social media, television, digital radio, etc.
The importance of digital communication are
- It can build better employee engagement
- Amplify any content and makes it reachable to a vast number of people
- Allows us to access measurable results
It can be much more helpful. It can eliminate the time required to face to face interactions. Also, AI, chatbots, and automation allow customers to reach out to oraganisations conveniently.
MCQs on Digital Communication
Solve Digital Communication Multiple-Choice Questions to prepare better for GATE. Learn more about Digital Communication and Digital Communication MCQs by checking notes, mock tests, and previous years’ question papers. Gauge the pattern of MCQs on Digital Communication by solving the ones that we have compiled below for your practice:
Digital Communication Multiple-Choice Questions
1. The process of conversion of data along with its formatting is called:
d. Source Coding
Answer: (d) Source Coding
2. In the case of down-conversion, the multiplication with cosine wave would be followed by which of these filters?
b. Low pass
c. High pass
Answer: (b) Low pass
3. Which of these values of μ would correspond to the linear amplification?
Answer: (a) =0
4. From a digital filter, we would get an output pulse as _______ of our current pulse and previous pulse.
Answer: (c) Summation
5. The noise variance for AWGN is:
Answer: (a) N0/2
6. A bit stream would be portioned into an even stream and an odd stream in which of these systems?
Answer: (b) QPSK
7. How many transitions can we make at every bit of time?
Answer: (c) Two
8. The Ls path loss depends on:
a. Effective area
b. Signal power
c. Antenna size
Answer: (d) Wavelength
9. Between two users of any given ideal TDM system, the cross-correlation present is:
Answer: (a) 0
10. A cycle slip would occur whenever the original phase error’s magnitude exceeds:
a. π2 radians
b. π radians
c. 2π radians
d. π/2 radians
Answer: (c) 2π radians
11. In the case of CDMA, ______ frequency reuse is totally possible.
Answer: (b) 100%
12. An Etherbnet’s maximum packet size is:
a. 1256 bytes
b. 1426 bytes
c. 1626 bytes
d. 1526 bytes
Answer: (d) 1526 bytes
13. The three ciphers can easily operate ______ bit blocks of plaintext as well as cipher text.
Answer: (a) 64
14. The total key size allowed in PGP is:
Answer: (b) 1024-4096
15. _______ fading occurs if the coherence bandwidth happens to be smaller than that of the bandwidth of the given signal.
a. Time selective
b. Fast fading
c. Frequency selective
Answer: (c) Frequency selective
16. Which of these tells us about a low-level transmission and also framing?
a. X series
b. V series
c. Q series
d. G series
Answer: (d) G series
17. __________ is the unit of average mutual information.
a. Bytes per symbol
b. Bits per symbol
Answer: (d) Bits
18. The processing gain is given as:
Answer: (c) Wss/R
19. ____________ is a type of noise that would interfere much with the high frequency transmission.
b. Transit time
Answer: (b) Transit time
20. __________ is a mechanism used to break down the problem.
b. Entity sharing
Answer: (a) Abstraction
Keep learning and stay tuned to get the latest updates on the GATE Exam along with GATE MCQs, GATE Eligibility Criteria, GATE Syllabus for CSE (Computer Science Engineering), GATE Notes for CSE, GATE CSE Question Paper, and more.