TABLE OF CONTENTS
Team India 2021 wins 9 Grand Awards, 8 Special Awards at Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair.
- The team won awards for innovations ranging from identification of genes that resist abiotic stress in species to augmented reality smart stethoscope that allows non-medicals to perform accurate pulmonary screening.
- The innovations were by young students.
- 26 winners of the Initiative for Research and Innovation in STEM – IRIS National Fair formed ‘Team India’ that participated in the Regeneron ISEF.
- They competed with 1833 budding scientists from 64 countries, regions, and territories across the globe and won 17 awards.
About Regeneron ISEF:
- It is an annual science fair held in the US, owned and administered by the Society for Science, a non-profit organisation.
- It is considered the world’s largest international pre-college science competition.
About IRIS National Fair:
- The IRIS National Fair promotes and nurtures science and scientific research among young Indian innovators.
- It recognises and rewards outstanding projects.
- It provides a platform for winning students to represent India at the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
- It is a program of EXSTEMPLAR Education Linkers Foundation, funded by Broadcom and supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
Read previous PIB here.
July 03rd, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here