What Is The Full Form Of DBA?
The Full Form Of DBA is Database Administrator
The Database administrator in a database management system is an individual responsible for handling and managing the database. The database administrator plays an important role in the database management system and handles the database by performing operations like database design, migration, configuration, security, troubleshooting, recovering, etc. The DBA is also responsible for authorizing access to the database.
The Roles and Responsibilities of DBA:
- DBA plays an important role in software installation, maintenance, and configuration of new servers and databases.
- The data extraction, transformation, and loading, these operations are also performed by DBA. DBA helps to import a large volume of data efficiently which is extracted from multiple systems.
- DBA handles massive unstructured data types such as videos, images, documents, etc., and maintains it.
- DBA helps to backup and recover the lost database. It creates the procedures to recover the data and follow the procedure whenever required.
- DBA is on call for troubleshooting and minimizes the risk of loss of the data.
Importance of DBA
- The database administrator is an important aspect of the database management system. The internal level, conceptual level, and external level are the levels of the database in the architecture of DBMS. These levels are administered by the DBA.
- DBA handles the integrity and security of the database. The appropriate measures to maintain the integrity and to stop unauthorized users from accessing the database are done by DBA.
- DBA ensures the procedures and troubleshooting actions to recover the data which is lost due to human, natural, or hardware issues.