What is The Full Form of NTFS?
The Full Form Of NTFS is New Technology File System.
NTFS stands for New Technology File System. It is the official structure for the Windows NT operating system, developed by Microsoft and started with Windows NT 3.1 and many others such as Windows 2000, including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8. It is basically used for recovering and collecting files on the hard disk.
The NTFS included several improvements, including innovative data structures that ultimately improve performance, improved metadata, reliability, file system journaling, disk space utilization, and more.
The NTFS replaced the HPFS (High-Performance File System) and FAT (File Allocation Table), which were used in earlier operating system versions and MS-DOS. NTFS is also used with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
Characteristics of NTFS
- Due to great scalability, the performance level has improved.
- It is compatible in nature and that’s why it supports compression of files to optimize the storage space.
- Again an important factor is that it is efficient in nature because it uses the disk space efficiently by utilizing a smaller size of batches.
Advantages of NTFS
- It can recover the file system.
- It supports long file names.
- The security level is high as it protects files and directories with full accuracy.
- It has the ability to support hard drives of large sizes.
- Due to many perks linked with NTFS, the performance level has increased.
Disadvantages of NTFS
- NTFS does not support gadgets like Android smartphones.
- It does not constitute a system that supports file system performance.