Table of Contents:
A. GS1 Related
B. GS2 Related
C. GS3 Related
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
D. GS4 Related
Useful News Articles for UPSC Current Affairs
A. GS1 Related
Nothing here for today!!!
B. GS2 Related
Category: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Chapter 11 of reactor creator Westinghouse mists operationalisation of the arrangement
- Over two years after India and the U.S. declared that the common atomic arrangement was “done,” its real operationalisation is in uncertainty over various improvements that extend from a “school embarrassment” in the Japanese parliament in Tokyo to the Cranberry, Pennsylvania base camp of Westinghouse Electric, which is required to petition for chapter 11 this week.
- As indicated by the understanding over risk issues and the arrangements that took after previous U.S. President Barack Obama’s visit to India in January 2015 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Washington in June 2016, the two sides had consented to “work toward finishing the legally binding game plans by June 2017” for six reactors to be implicit Andhra Pradesh by Toshiba-possessed Westinghouse and the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL).
- Whenever finished, this was to be the primary operationalisation of the Indo-U.S. common atomic arrangement, which was reported in 2008, and evidence that both sides have successfully dealt with every one of their issues, including over the obligation that providers must acknowledge in case of a mischance.
- The explanation behind the worry is that the Indo-U.S. atomic game plan relied on two central point — the consummation of the India-Japan Nuclear Cooperation Agreement (NCA), as Toshiba and different providers for reactor parts are bound by Japanese laws and by the genuine contract to be consulted by the U.S.- based Westinghouse.
- While the NCA was marked in Tokyo in November 2016, it is yet to be endorsed by the Japanese Diet (Parliament). Japanese authorities disclosed to The Hindu that the NCA was relied upon to have been approved toward the beginning of March amid the present session, however has been wrecked by a debate over allegations that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, his better half and the Defense Minister Tomomi Inada favored an asserted “sweetheart arrangement” for a school in Osaka.
C. GS3 Related
- State-possessed banks, advised to submit turnaround arrangements, ought to endeavor to address their NPAs.
- The Finance Ministry’s unequivocal message to 10 state-claimed loan specialists to submit time-bound turnaround arranges, or neglect any further capital imbuement from the legislature, is a little yet convenient stride in the correct heading.
- As the Reserve Bank of India had hailed in its last Financial Stability Report, dangers to the keeping money division remain worryingly “high”.
- The nonstop decay in resource quality, particularly at people in general segment banks (PSBs), has prompted low benefit and considerable esteem disintegration to the central shareholder — the administration.
- As the RBI’s report called attention to, PSBs saw the extent of their gross non-performing advantages for aggregate advances twofold in the 12 months through September 2016 to 11.8%.
- That the Center has incorporated the workers’ unions in the proposed MoUs it means to go into with the loan specialists is additionally characteristic of the earnestness with which it is moving toward the determination this time around.
- Staff, who have been a key component in the development and advancement of the division, have a personal stake in the strength of PSBs; the danger of proceeded with disappointment is conclusion and employment misfortunes.
- Undoubtedly, the Center needs to work at the same time in close show with the managing an account controller and the loan specialists themselves to structure proper systems to empower the execution of the turnaround arranges, including determination of the focused on resources.
- The stipulation of a three-year time constrain for the execution of the turnaround is likewise huge as Indian loan specialists need to meet Basel III capital controls by March 31, 2019.
- There is subsequently little time to lose, and the legislature and the banks have their work slice out if India is to keep away from the ghost of powerless banks having minimal motivator to loan, and monetary action influenced for need of credit.
Category: ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Worries over Kandi extend that is set to go through stop
- The Uttarakhand government has said that it will guarantee that natural life at the Corbett National Park is not hurt with the development of the Kandi street which goes through it.
- The Kandi street extend which will go through the national stop will decrease the separation amongst Garhwal and Kumaon by around 70 km.
- “The administration is attempting to discover an answer for the Kandi street extend issue by which the security of untamed life is guaranteed while remembering the accommodation of individuals,” Uttarakhand Forest Minister Harak Singh Rawat said.
- In the wake of untamed life activists presenting an appeal to the State government to stop the street extend, he said the venture will be finished remembering all angles.
- With the development of the Kandi street, the course from Kotdwar in Pauri Garhwal to Ramnagar in Kumaon will be abbreviated from the present 162 km to around 90 km.
- The Supreme Court had requested the Public Works Department of the Uttarakhand government to set up another arrangement of the venture.
- “We will show the new proposition in the court soon,” he included.
- Industry is not pushing ahead because of the obstacle brought about by skewed expense rates, it says.
- High state charges on biodiesel are viably rendering the green fuel fundamentally more costly than standard diesel, as indicated by the Biodiesel Association of India, which additionally approached the focal government to proceed with the extract obligation exceptions for the part.
- The duties by the state government are high. When biodiesel is mixed with diesel, the assessments can go as high as 20-30% relying upon the state government. The biodiesel itself moves toward becoming ₹7-8 more costly than diesel in light of the duty component.
- Utilizing biodiesel can decrease hydrocarbon utilization by just about 80%, and particulate matter outflows can be lessened by 38-40%, and there is no sulfur emanations.
Category: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Tech to help video seek, recognition of illness
- Manmade brainpower has been the mystery sauce for a portion of the greatest innovation organizations.
- Be that as it may, innovation mammoth Alphabet Inc’s. Google is wagering enthusiastic about “democratizing” computerized reasoning and machine learning and making them accessible to everybody — clients, engineers and endeavors.
- From distinguishing and overseeing fatal illnesses, lessening mischance dangers to finding budgetary extortion, Google said that it planned to enhance the personal satisfaction by bringing passage hindrances down to utilizing these advances.
- These innovations would likewise increase the value of self-driving autos, Google Photos’ hunt capacities and even Snapchat channels that change over the pictures of clients into vivified pictures.
- AI expects to assemble machines that can recreate human insight forms, while Stanford University depicts machine learning as “the art of inspiring PCs to act without being unequivocally modified.”
- Google is additionally meaning to utilize AI and machine figuring out how to convey social insurance to the underserved populace. It utilizes the force of PC based knowledge to distinguish bosom disease. It does this by instructing the calculation to scan for cell designs in the tissue slides, a similar way specialists audit slides.
- The Google Research Blog said this technique had achieved 89% precision, surpassing the 73% score for a pathologist with no time imperative.
- Google Research said that pathologists are in charge of looking into all the natural tissues obvious on a slide. In any case, there can be many slides per persistent. What’s more, each slide comprises more than 10 gigapixels when digitized at 40 times amplification.
- Google nourishes a lot of data to its framework and after that shows it to look for examples utilizing ‘profound taking in’, a strategy to actualize machine learning.
- The group had before connected profound figuring out how to translate indications of diabetic retinopathy in retinal photos. The condition is the quickest developing reason for visual impairment, with near 415 million diabetic patients at hazard around the world.
- Specialist organizations are helping dissemination firms identify robbery and meter altering continuously.
- The high rates of transmission and appropriation misfortunes in India, up to 60% in a few states, have prompted a bounty of innovations developing to in any event address the non-specialized misfortunes happening because of influence burglary and meter altering.
- Organizations, for example, Omron, Sensus and even telephone handset creator Nokia have started operations in this segment — controlling conveyance organizations distinguish and address control robbery and meter altering progressively. Others have started work to lessen costs by empowering remote perusing of meters, getting rid of the requirement for a physical check at each meter area.
- Omron, for instance, has been building up a sensor that can be incorporated with meters, permitting the discovery of any kind of altering, be it physical (when the purchaser jars it with the expectation that the meter perusing will delay) or electromagnetic (where the buyer applies a charge in the region of the meter, which renders it briefly broken.
- A key purpose for the non-specialized misfortunes in power circulation is because of “snaring” or burglary utilizing a snare on the link and the subsequent redirection of power.
- Brilliant meters impart meter readings straightforwardly to power merchants, taking out the requirement for somebody to turn out and read meters – whether that is required for each bill, to change power retailers or to reconnect control when clients move house.
- “Smart meters can’t be circumvent, and can be perused with the assistance of a remote gadget,” he included. “Soon, we will have a correspondence link that can be controlled and worked through a focal office.”
- In chats with Sri Lanka and Southeast Asian countries; accentuation on support.
- As a feature of endeavors to upgrade resistance participation and lift sends out with inviting nations, India is in examinations with Sri Lanka and a few Southeast Asian countries for the supply of Dhruv, the indigenously created propelled light helicopter (ALH).
- This time, India is putting particular accentuation on support and preparing in perspective of its experience of Dhruv deals to Ecuador, which got involved in legitimate issues.
Accessibility of extras
- Dhruv, planned and created by the HAL, is controlled by the Shakti motor mutually created by it and Turbomeca of France. More than 200 helicopters are in administration with the Indian military.
- The three Services have continually griped about absence of extras and support for the armada. The circumstance has marginally enhanced as of late.
Category: DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- Satellite pictures have recorded more than 1,600 woodland fires in the State in March alone.
- Regardless of the Odisha government having a standard working method to avoid woods fires that cause monstrous biological and monetary misfortunes, there has been no eased up in such episodes in the State.
- Satellite symbolisms have recorded 1,607 woods fires in various wildernesses of Odisha amid March. The quantity of backwoods flames has surged 57% contrasted and 1,018 saw amid the comparing time frame a year ago.
D. GS4 Related
Nothing here for today!!!
E. Concepts-in-News: Related Concepts to Revise/Learn
|BILLS/ACTS/SCHEMES/ORGANISATIONS IN NEWS||About the Article|
G. Practice Questions for UPSC Prelims Exam:)
Question 1: Corbett National Park is in which state?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
Question 2: Consider the statements with reference to Dhruv helicopter:
- Dhruv is a utility helicopter developed and manufactured by India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It is designed to meet the requirement of both military and civil operators.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
Question 3: Who is the Chairman of Financial Stability and Development Council?
- Governor of RBI
- Finance Minister
- Prime Minister
- Secretary to the Ministry of Finance
Question 4: Consider the following statements about National Policy on Biofuels:
- Bio-diesel production will be taken up from non-edible oil seeds in waste /degraded / marginal lands.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP) for non-edible oil seeds would be announced with periodic revision to provide fair price to the growers.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect ?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
Question 5: UDAY scheme is often in news. This is with reference to which of the following?
- Employment scheme for women
- Skill development scheme for North East students
- Power sector reforms
“Proper Current Affairs preparation is the key to success in the UPSC- Civil Services Examination. We have now launched a comprehensive ‘Online Current Affairs Crash Course’. Limited seats available. Click here to Know More.”
Practice More: Enroll for India’s Largest All-India Test Series