Visitor’s award for Research and for Technology Development
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will present Visitor’s Award for Research in the field of Basic and Applied Science and in the field of Humanities, Arts and Social Science during the meeting of Vice Chancellors of Central Universities at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Visitor’s Award for Research in the field of Basic and Applied Science will be jointly presented to Sanjay K. Jain and Dr Harisingh.
- The Visitor’s Award for Research in the field of Humanities, Arts and Social Science will be presented to Prof. Pramod K Nayar.
- The Visitor’s Award for Technology Development will be presented to Prof. Ashwani Pareek.
- The President of India, in his capacity as Visitor of the Central Universities presents the following categories to promote healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivate them to adopt best practices from around the world in pursuit of excellence.
9th India-Japan Energy Dialogue
- The 9thIndia Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- Both Japan and India, as the third and the seventh largest economies respectively, recognized that having access to reliable, clean and economical energy is critical for their economic growth and in achieving this, both Ministers agreed on further strengthening of bilateral energy cooperation for energy development of both countries.
- Both India and Japan with a view to implement Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the aegis of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) recognized the importance of development and deployment of next generation technologies including hydrogen to realize de-carbonization.
Swachh Bharat Summer Internship
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) in association with Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) has launched the Swachh Bharat Summer Internship.
- The internship period commences from tomorrow, May 1, 2018 and ends on July 31, 2018.
- The programme aims to engage millions of youngsters across the country, to encourage them to contribute to the Swachh Bharat Mission in the spirit of a true janandolan.
- Besides students from college and Universities, youth from NYKS can also register for the internship. Nodal officers at college level will coordinate the implementation of the internship.
- Under the internship, all interns who complete at least 100 hours of sanitation related work in villages would be given a Swachh Bharat certificate.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.