UPSC IAS Prelims examination is conducted by Union Public service commission annually to recruit the efficient and effective candidates to various government posts like IAS, IFS, IPS and other posts. The UPSC syllabus is a vast one with different subjects like History, geography, Economics, Polity, General awareness, CSAT and current affairs. The current affairs topic in UPSC IAS syllabus is an undefined one. Any question can be asked from this area. Current Events plays a crucial role in all the three stages of UPSC IAS Exam. It covers an extensive range of topics which intersections with the main subjects like Economics, Geography, History, Polity, and vibrant subjects like environment, science, and technology. Hereafter, it is hard to classify questions under a specific topic.
On 21st of April, we celebrated civil services day. As part of Civil services day, the government introduced Best Practices in Priority Programmes and Innovations. e – National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) was one of the programs among them. Here we are discussing some facts about e – National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
e – National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) is a pan-India electronic trading portal which nets the prevailing Agricultural Produce Market Committees (APMC) Mandis for making a united national market for agricultural commodities.
The e-NAM Portal offers a single window service for all Agricultural Produce Market Committees related information and services. This comprises commodity onsets and prices, buy and sell trade offers, facility to respond to trade offers, among other services. The emphasis areas, with regards to implementation of e – National Agriculture Market, are:
- Informing and trading commodities on e-NAM
- Increasing the involvement of traders on e-NAM
- Aggregate the quantity and value of supplies being traded on e-NAM
- Increasing the figures of bids cited by traders
- Encouraging cashless transactions, e.g. online payments, to farmers
- Promoting inter-market trade between Mandis
- Offering access to Soil Testing Laboratories to farmers
- Accompanying awareness and farmer orientation programs
- Providing elementary amenities and facilities for cleaning, sorting and packing to farmers in the Mandi
- Creating logistics and infrastructure available to encourage inter-market trade on e-NAM platform
- Undertaking local initiatives and innovative systems to influence greater strength to e-NAM
- Safeguarding transparency and accountability in implementation.
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam