UPSC photo and signature size 2018/Photo and signature size for UPSC/UPSC civil service photo size/Picture size for civil service/UPSC form photo size/UPSC photo signature size/UPSC signature upload size/Civil service photo requirement
While applying online to take the UPSC prelims exam, you will need to upload your photograph and signature on the UPSC website. It is very important to keep in mind the proper format, size, etc. while uploading these because the UPSC clearly mentions that if the quality of the photograph or signature is unacceptable, the application of the candidate may be rejected. This article gives you the requirements for the photograph and signature to be uploaded while applying for the UPSC exam.
- The images of the signature and photograph must be in the .jpg format only.
- The photo can be either in colour or black & white. The quality must be good such that the image is identifiable with the candidate.
- The signature that you scan must be written with black ink pen on a white paper.
- The scanned images of the photo and the signature should not exceed 40 KB.
- The size of the photograph image should be 140 pixels height x110 pixels width.
- The size of the signature image should be 110 pixels height x140 pixels width.
- If your scanned images are not of the correct size, you can convert them into the required size by using any free image editing software such as MSPaint or Irfanview. You can also convert the photo to the desired format (.jpg) using these software.
- The images should not be hazy or illegible.
- The photo file must not contain any mark. It must have only your photograph.
- The signature must not contain anything else such as the date, etc.
- Once you upload the photo and signature images, you can see the preview of the images. If you are satisfied with them you can click on ‘confirm upload’. If you are not satisfied, you should click on ‘reload photograph’ or ‘reload signature’ button as the case may be.
- This process can be repeated till you are satisfied with the images.
- Once you click on ‘confirm upload’, you cannot change the images of either the photograph or the signature.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality of the uploaded images, you can submit a fresh online application with fresh samples of your photo and signature. In this case, you will have to pay the prescribed fees once again.