- The First International Conference on Sports Medicine and Sports Sciences SAICON 2017 was inaugurated here by the Minister of State (I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore
- SAICON 2017 will promote scientific temperament in the country and inspire students, researchers and educationists alike to take up sports science and research to the next level.
- It was organized by Sports Authority of India
- SAICON 2017 Delhi will provide a platform for doctors and scientists from various parts of the country and from abroad to present their research work and field work on sports medicine & sports sciences before a large audience, interact with their Peers and also exchange information with their colleagues working in the same field.
- The conference will also foster the spirit of friendship and collaboration in the field of sports medicine and sport sciences amongst all those who aspire to contribute their mite for ushering in a refreshing scientific temperament in Indian sports, a far cry from the still prevalent medieval training methods.
Human Rights Day
- Human Rights Day is celebrated on the 10th December every year to commemorate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), which was adopted and proclaimed by the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1948 as the shared standard yardstick to protect human rights across the globe.
- The National Human Rights Commission, India has organised different events, including a nationwide Short Films on Human Rights Award competition, in run up to the celebration of Human Rights Day.
- The three best short films on human rights, will be given awards of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 75 thousand and Rs. 50 thousand along with trophies and citations on the occasion.