- Japanese defeat Russians
- It developed out of the rivalry between Japan and Russia for dominance in Manchuria and Korea.
- The longest single rail system in Russia
- It stretches from Moscow east to Vladivostok.
- It was built between 1891 and 1916.
- It had great significance in the military, economic, and royal history of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union.
- This brought Russia and Japan into conflict with each other about ambitions in Korea and Manchuria.
- It was an uprising that was influential in convincing Tsar Nicholas II to alter the Russian government into a constitutional monarchy from an autocracy.
- 9th January 1905
- Massacre in St. Petersburg of peaceful protesters marking the commencement of the ferocious stage of the Russian Revolution of 1905.
- October Manifesto was issued by the emperor Nicholas II.
- The manifesto assured the formation of a State, a national parliament: Duma, elected by the general public of Russia, to participate in the devising and passing of laws.
- It also defined improvements to individual rights and freedom.
The Black Hundreds
- Russian conservative, anti-revolutionary, and anti-Semitic groups shaped in Russia during and after the Russian Revolution of 1905.
- National parliament created in Russia in the repercussion of the revolution of 1905.
Pyotr Arkadyevich Stolypin
- He was appointed as the prime minister in 1906.
- He sustained Monarchy and believed that agrarian reform was essential if the problem of the peasant rebellion was to be cured.
- He introduced extensive agrarian reforms to enhance the lawful and economic status of the peasantry and the general economy and political permanency of imperial Russia.
- This was a pair of revolutions that happened in Russia
- First in February which overthrew the imperial government
- Second in October placed the Bolsheviks in power
- This revolution dismantled the Tsarist autocracy.
- After the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, the Communist government created a Soviet army.
- The name Red Army was abandoned in 1946.
- It also known as White Guard
- It was a loose confederation of Anti-Communist forces that fought the Bolsheviks.
- It was created by General Lavr Kornilov.
Russian Civil War
- Red Army effectively defended the newly created Bolshevik government led by Vladimir I Lenin against several Russian and interventionist anti-Bolshevik armies.
New Economic Policy
- The economic policy of the government of the Soviet Union from 1921 to 1928.
- It represents a temporary withdrawal from its previous policy of extreme centralization and rigid socialism.