Grand Finale of the Smart India Hackathon 2018
- The Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar has launched world’s largest event of its kind- the two day grand finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018 (Software Edition).
- It is being held at 28 nodal centres across the country simultaneously.
- SIH-2018 comprises of two competitions – Software Hackathon and Hardware Hackathon.
- The final round of Hardware Hackathon competition will be conducted in the month of June 2018.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in collaboration with i4c, MyGov, Persistent Systems and Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhin is organizing Smart India Hackathon 2018.
- 27 Union Ministries and Departments and 17 State Governments having joined this grand initiative.
- During the software edition grand finale, teams of technology students will build innovative digital solutions for problems posed by different Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments.
- Winners stand to get cash prizes and a chance to be part of the NASSCOM’s 10,000 Startup program.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Canada on IPRs
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India India and Canada.
- The MoU establishes a broad and flexible framework through which both countries can exchange best practices and work together on training programs and technical exchanges to raise awareness on IPRs and better protect intellectual property rights (IPRs).
The priority initiatives under the MoU include:
- Exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on how to raise IP awareness among the public, businesses and educational institutions of both countries.
- Exchange of experts for interacting with the human resources engaged in specialized IP fields.
- Exchange and dissemination of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP with industry, Universities, research and development organizations and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) through participation in programs, training, and events, organised singly or jointly by the participants.
- Cooperation in the development of automation arid implementation of modernization projects, new and existing documentation and information systems in IP and procedures for management of IP.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.