Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam.
Indian Railways to Undertake one More Drive
Indian Railways will undertake one more drive of “MASSIVE SHRAMDAN“ with main focus on “COLLECTION OF PLASTIC WASTE”.
- Enhanced cleanliness, through collection of plastic waste from all railway premises. Particular attention to be given to approaches to stations
- Creating awareness for a greater impact against single use plastic.
- Displaying Replacements/ Substitutes for such plastic items.
- For distributing Cloth bags in large numbers as advised by the Environment and Housekeeping Management Division of Railways.
- Educating all in Railways, including vendors to be prepared for ban of single use plastic with effect from October 2019. Single use plastics are those that have thickness below 50 microns.
Read previous PIB articles here.