Read the daily PIB update and stay up-to-date on current affairs for the UPSC exam
MoU between India and Brunei Darussalam
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Brunei Darussalam on Cooperation in the operation of Telemetry Tracking and Telecomm and station for satellite and launch vehicles, and for cooperation in the field of Space Research, Science and Applications has been signed
- The MoU enables India to continue to operate, maintain and augment its ground station meant for supporting India’s launch vehicle and satellite missions.
- This will also help India to share its experience and expertise in space activities through training of officials and students from Brunei Darussalam on space technology applications.
- Cooperation with Brunei Darussalam through this MoU would lead to operation, maintenance and augmentation of Indian Ground Station to support India’s launch vehicle and satellite missions.
- The MoU will provide impetus to explore newer research activities in ground station operations and training on space technology applications.
MoU between India and South Africa
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Africa on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- Remote sensing of the earth;
- Satellite communication and satellite-based navigation;
- Space science and planetary exploration;
- Use of spacecraft, launch vehicles, space systems and ground systems;
- Practical applications of space technology including geospatial tools and techniques; and
- Other areas of cooperation to be determined by the Parties.
- Planning and implementation of joint space projects of mutual benefit and interest;
- Establishment, operation and maintenance of ground stations for supporting space activities;
- Sharing of satellite data, results of experiments, and scientific and technological information;
- Joint research and developmental activities;
- Exchange of technical and scientific personnel designated to participate in the cooperative programmes;
- Capacity building in space science and technology, and space application programmes for societal purposes;
- Organization of joint symposia, conferences and scientific meetings; and
- Additional forms of cooperation will be determined in writing upon mutual consent between the Parties.
- Signing of this MoU shall enable pursuing the potential areas of cooperation such as space science, technology and applications including remote sensing of the earth, satellite communication and satellite-based navigation; space science and planetary exploration; use of spacecraft and space systems and ground systems; and application of space technology.
“Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan” (PM-AASHA)
- “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA) is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce.
- Government has already increased the MSP of kharif crops by following the principle of 1.5 times the cost of production.
Components of PM-AASHA:
- Price Support Scheme (PSS),
- Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS)
- Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPPS).
- The other existing schemes of Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) for procurement of paddy, wheat and nutri-cereals/coarse grains and of Ministry of Textile for cotton and jute will be continued for providing MSP to farmers for these crops.
- Increasing MSP is not adequate and it is more important that farmers should get full benefit of the announced MSP.
- Cabinet has approved the Umbrella Scheme of PM-AASHA with three sub-schemes i.e. Price Support Scheme (PSS), Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) and pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PDPS).
- In Price Support Scheme (PSS), physical procurement of pulses, oilseeds and Copra will be done by Central Nodal Agencies with proactive role of State governments.
- It is also decided that in addition to NAFED, Food Cooperation of India (FCI) will take up PSS operations in states /districts. The procurement expenditure and losses due to procurement will be borne by Central Government as per norms.
To ace UPSC current affairs section, read more PIB articles here.
|Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana|
|Satellite Launch Vehicle Program|