20 September 2023 PIB
Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-Eighth Amendment) Bill, 2023 2. Nuakhai 3. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons (PDUNWFS) 4. National Medical Commission
Syllabus: GS-2, Polity & Governance
Prelims: Women’s reservations, constitutional amendment procedure
Mains: Women’s reservation in India pros and cons
PM hails passage of The Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-Eighth Amendment) Bill, 2023 in the Lok Sabha.
- Women’s Reservation Bill 2023 [The Constitution (One Hundred Twenty-Eighth Amendment) Bill, 2023] was passed by the Lok Sabha on 20 September 2023.
- The Bill seeks to reserve one-third of the total number of seats in Lok Sabha and state legislative assemblies for women.
Know more about the bill in CNA dated Sep 20, 2023.
Also read: Women’s reservation bill
Syllabus: GS-1, Art & Culture
PM greets people on the occasion of Nuakhai.
To learn more about Nuakhai, click on the linked article.
Syllabus: Syllabus: GS-3, Science & Technology
Prelims: C-DOT, CSIR
C-DOT and CSIR-National Physical Laboratory signed an agreement.
- The agreement is for the ‘Development of NavIC based IST traceable Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) for Telecom Sector’.
- It is signed under the Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) scheme of the DoT for providing funding support to domestic companies and institutions involved in the technology design, development, and commercialization of telecommunication products and solutions to enable affordable broadband and mobile services in rural and remote areas.
- The project focuses on the development of a device which shall provide direct Indian Standard Time (IST) traceability to all the Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) within ± 20 ns.
- Benefits of this development:
- Reducing the dependency on GPS
- Shifting to IRNSS/NavIC
- Digital forensic analysis of transactions
- Cyber secure networks
- Reducing call drops
- Synchronising all telecom services with one reference time source, IST
- The development of the NavIC-based IST traceable Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) is an initiative which aims towards achieving the objective of “One nation One time”.
Syllabus: GS-2, Governance, Health
Prelims: National Medical Commission, World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
The National Medical Commission achieved the prestigious WFME recognition status for 10 years.
- As part of this recognition, all the 706 existing medical colleges in India will become WFME accredited and the new medical colleges that will be set up in the coming 10 years will automatically become WFME accredited.
- The recognition will further enhance the quality and standards of medical education in India by aligning them with global best practices and benchmarks.
- It will also enable Indian medical graduates to pursue postgraduate training and practice in other countries that require WFME recognition, such as the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- With NMC being WFME accredited all Indian students become eligible to apply for Education Commission on Foreign Medical Education and United States Medical Licensing Examination.
About the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME):
- WFME is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation that aims to enhance the quality of medical education worldwide.
- WFME was established in 1972 by the World Medical Association (WMA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It engages in the promotion of accreditation through the WFME Recognition of Accreditation Programme, raising the standards for basic and postgraduate medical education and continuing professional development through the publication of expert consensus of minimum and quality standards, and maintaining the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- WFME is headquartered in London.
Read the previous PIB articles here.
|UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritages in India||e-NAM|
|Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)||Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)|
|PM Vishwakarma Yojana||SIMBEX|