UPSC is the government body that conducts the IAS exam every year. The UPSC Prelims are generally held between the months of May and August.
In this article, we bring to you UPSC prelims question paper with answers. Candidates can solve this paper and understand the exam pattern and standard of the examination even better. Candidates can also apprehend the type of questions that may be asked in the prelims examination.
Aspirants can also get the Topic-wise IAS Prelims Questions and Answers [2013-2020] at the linked article. This will help them analyze the sections which require more preparation and hard work for the upcoming civil services examination.
IAS Exam Prelims Question Paper and Answers
The Union Public Service Commission releases the official question paper and answers key every year on the UPSC official website after the examination is conducted. This helps applicants to tally their performance and calculate the marks they might have scored in the prelims examination.
Given below are the links to the UPSC previous year’s question papers, exam analysis and answer keys for the prelims examination. All IAS Exam aspirants must refer to the same for a better understanding of the civil services examination.
- UPSC Prelims 2021 Question Papers
- UPSC Preliminary Exam 2016 GS Solved Paper-I: Solutions & Analysis
- UPSC Prelims 2017 GS Paper 1 Solved
- UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I Analysis
- UPSC Prelims Question Papers 2019 with Answers
- UPSC Prelims 2020 Question Papers
After solving and analyzing the previous years’ IAS prelims question papers, candidates can get the official answer key at the UPSC Answer Keys page.
What are the Benefits of Solving IAS Prelims Previous Year Question Papers?
Each stage of the civil services examination is extremely competitive and exhaustive preparation is required to cracked the exam. One of the most recommended tips while preparing for the IAS exam is solving previous year papers.
Solving papers from the past years will enable the applicants in getting an edge over their competitors. A few of the many key benefits of attempting these papers is given below:
- It will help in analyzing the standard and complexity of the paper
- Attempting these papers at home will give candidates an opportunity to experience the examination-hall atmosphere and make them more confident for the final exam
- They will also be able to apprehend the topics which are more important from the examination point of view
- For beginners, this is going to be extremely helpful as they can comprehend the exact exam pattern and division of questions based on different sections
Candidates can also prepare themselves for the UPSC Mains exam by referring to the previous year papers given in the links below:
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||UPSC Mains Answer Writing Practise|
|Topic-Wise GS 1 Questions for UPSC Mains||Topic-Wise GS 2 Questions for UPSC Mains|
|Topic-Wise GS 3 Questions for UPSC Mains||Topic-Wise GS 4 Questions for UPSC Mains|
Candidates can kickstart their civil services exam preparation with the latest and updated study material provided by BYJU’S. Visit the BYJU’S Free IAS Prep page and get the detailed notes and material to excel in the upcoming UPSC Exam.