IBPS conducts a common written examination for the recruitment of candidates for the clerical post. Once the candidates are done with the online registration process they have to start preparing for the prelims and mains. The first and foremost thing the candidate needs is self-confidence.
The two sections which the candidate should focus on mainly to raise their marks are English and Computer Knowledge apart from other sections. General Knowledge, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude section require practice too.
The Bank Exam is held in two tiers namely prelims and mains. The syllabus is almost same for both the tiers but the difficulty level is more in mains. The aspiring candidates should have a study plan and must approach in a scheduled way.
- Reasoning: It is one of the most important section so aspirants are required study accordingly. Analytical reasoning should be focused more than logical reasoning. Every question of reasoning needs practice and the ability to think. There should be fixed time allotted every day in the study plan where candidates can practice through mock test papers and sample papers.
The main topics of reasoning are:
- Blood Relation
- Letter and Symbol series
- Direction sense test
- General Awareness: It is one of the most scoring section in the entire paper. This section is also easy to attempt. The candidates need to be aware of all the current events around the globe through newspapers, television or social media. The information regarding the happenings in India is to be focussed. The banking and the finance sector is to be emphasized during the preparation of general awareness.
The main topics of general awareness are:
- Indian economy
- Current affairs
- Banking terms
- Marketing and much more.
- English Language: It is one of the most important section of clerk examination. The candidates need to clear their basics of English language to do well in this section. The aspirants should be well acquainted with the sentence arrangement as re-arrangement of specific words in the sentences come mostly in the paper where the candidates can score marks. The grammar part needs to be very strong which can only be achieved through practice. The habit of writing and reading regularly also strengthens the foundation of English.
The main topics of English language are:
- Vocabulary- Synonyms, spelling, antonyms and word formation
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section tests the numerical ability of the candidate. The problem-solving ability is related to the real life objects as the bank hires the candidates who are good at calculations and can solve problems accurately. Regular practice will help to score good marks.
The main topics of quantitative aptitude are:
- Ratio and proportion
- Data interpretation
- Quadratic Equations, etc.
- Computer Knowledge: It is the most scoring section of the entire syllabus. The candidates need to know the fundamentals of computers for scoring well. The reason why computer knowledge is important as clerks need to work on the computer regularly.
The main topics of Computer Knowledge are:
- Basics of computer
- Network basics
- Ms word
- Ms excel
- Generation of computers, etc.
Tips to prepare IBPS Clerk exam:
- Understanding the pattern of the exam and syllabus along with proper planning is required.
- Priority should be given in every section as sectional cut-offs are very vital for a candidate to clear the exam.
- A scheduled routine is required so that the candidates have enough time to prepare and analyze on the basis of their tests regularly.
- The time management needs to be taken care of as there is an allocated time in the examination where the candidates need to be speedy with accuracy in order to complete the paper. Practicing with a stopwatch beside can be fruitful.
- The revision must be done after each topic so that the candidates do not forget during the examination.
- The candidates are advised to practice through mock papers, sample papers and previous years question papers to do well in each section.
Hard-work with determination is required for the aspirants to prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam. These preparation strategies will hopefully help the candidates to prepare well for the exam.
For any details regarding IBPS Exam, visit Byju’s.