Reasoning is the most important section in the bank examination. This reasoning section consist of the questions, which are completely logical. This gives the thinking ability, analytical ability, decision making for the candidate. Reasoning questions are generally confusing, candidates cannot decide the answer without taking some time and they have to apply good analytical skills. This is the reason why reasoning part should not be attempted first.
The reasoning questions are generally two types they are verbal and nonverbal reasoning. The verbal reasoning includes the topics alphabetical and numerical series, blood relations, directional analysis, coding and decoding e.t.c. while non verbal reasoning questions includes some series of graphical representations.
Here we give you important strategies for preparation of reasoning for the bank exams:
The preparation of the reasoning does not involves any theory materials. The key is to focus on the questions.
- Even though the reasoning part is based on the logical thinking. To score good marks in this section you need constant practice. This is necessary in order to answer the questions in less time.
- If you felt the questions are confusing then don’t waste your time on the same question. Just start attempting the questions from other sections and then later you can solve these reasoning questions.
- Never guess the answers in the reasoning section as you may see all the options are correct.
- Coding and decoding is a topic that you could score marks so just understand the basics and fundamentals. Once the basics are set you will be able to run through the questions.
- The inequalities topic consist of two topics they are the mathematics inequalities and the coded inequalities. These sectional topics can be answered only with frequent practice.
- Syllogisms is the tricky topic and the question involves two to three statements and two to three conclusions. Practice more on the difficult concepts, this will help you in solving the questions easily within less time.
- The seating arrangement questions in the reasoning part consist of at least two comprehensive paragraphs with 5 questions. This is completely based on the information given in the paragraphs. Based on this tricky information you should solve the questions.
- There are two types of questions asked in the seating arrangement topic they are circular seating arrangement and linear seating arrangement.
- The topic data sufficiency consist of questions related to all the chapters. This questions are based on some topics such as blood relations, time and distance, time and work, averages, directions, coding and decoding e.t.c. they will give only certain information and you have to the conclusions. Whether the given data is sufficient or not. In this way this questions are asked.
Below are some important tips which are to be followed in order to get high score in reasoning:
- The easy and the less time consuming topics in the reasoning part are odd pair, analogy, directions, alphabet series and number series. So try to solve the questions related to this topics first.
- The another category questions in the reasoning part are syllogisms, inequalities, blood relations, coding decoding and data sufficiency. Candidates who are not good enough in solving the reasoning section, these people can clear the above topics easily. This is useful because you can score marks over the overall cutoff with this topics.
- Seating arrangement, complex puzzles, input output machine these topics are more time consuming and complex questions. The number of questions given from this topics are 10 to 15 and this questions are to be attempted at the end, this depends on how much time left after completion of the question paper.
- The last week of the preparation that is before the examination. This week you should start solving the previous year questions which are related to the reasoning part.
- Follow the above rules in solving the reasoning section, if you follow these rules while solving the reasoning section then i am sure that you can score more than 20 marks in this section including the cutoff marks.
- If you are weak in reasoning section then start solving the reasoning questions category wise. As given in the above points easy topics, time consuming topics, most typical topics.
In order to help you out in solving and to give the simple tricks to solve the reasoning section we are providing the best study material in the world and this the Byju’s the tablet learning program. There are many important features which are more useful to you and you should know about it.
- These tablet learning program consist of the videos which are taught by the IIT professors.
- These videos are of less time taking and you can understand the concepts clearly within the very less time because the technology we used in making these videos are of 3D- animation and in air projection.
- You can learn the concepts any where because you can watch this videos without the use of internet.
- After watching the videos there is the test series, previous year papers, sample papers e.t.c. for your preparation and the practice.
For more info regarding the tips and preparation of the reasoning section, you can visit byju’s.com.