In this article, we shall look into some effective tips and strategies of bank exam preparation for different sections of the bank test.
In competitive exams, the main factor that decides the performance of the candidate depends only 60% on his bank exam preparation. The other 40% is always reserved by the way the candidate utilizes the given time between the 3 sections because in an exam you are under the pressure of tough questions and ticking time.
To explore various bank exams, check at the linked article.
Only a few students can perform to their level best by managing each section and wisely segregating time during the bank exam. No matter how strong the candidate is in a particular section, he will need to score the sectional cutoff in that section in order to clear the bank examination.
To know more about Govt Exams, check at the linked article.
Tips & Strategies for Handling Different Sections of Bank Exam
We bring you some of the best steps of bank exam preparation to attempt each section of a bank exam 2019:
To learn more about different SBI Exams, check at the linked article.
The bank exam syllabus of the English Language section includes the topics given below and should be attempted in the following ways:
- Start with the topics – Fill in the blanks and Cloze test.
- Para Jumbles are easy to score, so attempt these as well.
- Spotting Error is a bit time-consuming. Just in case, if you are not good at it, leave it for reviewing it towards the end of the section.
- For the Reading Comprehension part, read the passage carefully and then try to locate the answer to the questions stated below the passage.
- Vocabulary-based questions like synonyms and antonyms of the bold words can be done soon after the passage has been read.
- After that give a quick search for answers in the passage, if you get it there. Otherwise, move on to solve the next set of questions.
- One key to remember is that do not waste more than 12 minutes in the English Language section.
To know more about SBI PO Prelims English Language Syllabus, check at the linked article.
The bank exam syllabus of the Quantitative Aptitude section has various mathematical problems and should be attempted as stated below:
- In the Quantitative Aptitude section, the moment you look at the question it gives you an idea which topics you’re good at and can solve quickly and easily.
- Take the question that you can solve and without wasting time, quickly start solving it.
- Do not get wedded to a particular question. If you are unable to solve a question, it is advisable to leave it aside and move on to the next question.
- It is important to remember that solving one hard question will fetch you the same marks as an easy one.
- Forget the problems that you have dropped, there is no point stressing over it and wasting time on complex questions.
- One key point to note is that never make wild or random guesses for Quantitative questions.
- Finally, do not waste more than 18 minutes in the Quantitative Aptitude section.
To learn more about SBI Clerk Prelims Quantitative Syllabus, check at the linked article.
The bank exams syllabus of the Reasoning Ability section includes of tricky and logical reasoning problems, which should be attempted as follows:
- After solving the English language and Quantitative Aptitude sections, your brain is completely charged up for a mixture of both i.e, the Reasoning Ability section.
- This section is a time-consuming section and you need to devote 20 minutes for this section.
- As this section includes tricky and confusing questions, start solving the questions which are small and logical, like Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Directions, etc.
- Once you’ve finished solving the easy ones in which you’re confident to score well, you can start with questions on Sitting Arrangement, Syllogisms, Critical Path and other complex problems.
To explore the SBI PO Mains Reasoning Syllabus, check at the linked article.
After you have put your best foot forward for attempting the questions of the different sections of the bank exam, try to utilise your potential to review and divert your attention to those unsolved questions which you found difficult to answer initially.
Important Bank Information:
Just in case you’re unsure of an answer, try using the policy of elimination to rule out the unprobable answers to a question and choose the one which appears the closest to the correct option.
We hope the suggestions given above for upcoming bank exams help you to secure your place among those few shortlisted candidates who make it to the final list of chosen candidates who have given excellent performance in their bank exams.
For such useful content on bank exams, check out other relevant articles on BYJU’S website for additional info.