Yes it is definitely possible to crack UPSC through self study, but due to the stiff competition for very few vacancies, the percentage of candidates cracking the civil service exam through self study is very less. However, just taking coaching classes will not assure the candidate a ticket to successfully clearing the exam. Taking help through coaching and having discussions with like minded candidates will provide the necessary foundations, but ultimately the prospective candidate will have to put his own efforts, hard work and follow a strictly disciplined schedule and time table to clear the UPSC exam.
Aspirants interested in gaining more information about the civil service exam can visit the link IAS Exam.
What is the Best Way to Crack UPSC?
Cracking the UPSC exam is a herculean task. There are multiple habits and processes that one must inculcate and follow judiciously to crack the UPSC exam.
- Solve mock tests on a regular basis – It is important to solve mock tests of both prelims and mains to get a hang of the exam scenario and develop the time management skills.
- Newspapers – Make sure to read editorials of the newspapers on a daily basis, it helps candidates to understand the subject matter in a lucid manner.
- Timetable – This is extremely important to make sure that the vast syllabus of UPSC exams and the time allotted for covering the topics.
- Write regularly – Even while preparing for prelims, candidates need to learn the art of writing because once the prelims are cleared there will be very little time to learn writing skills, which is the cornerstone for clearing the mains exams.
- Diet and Sleep – Always maintain a healthy diet and sleep on time so that the body clock functions smoothly and the brains work at optimum levels.
How can I Crack UPSC in First Attempt Without Coaching?
Before embarking on attempts to crack the UPSC exam in the first attempt without coaching, candidates need to be mentally prepared on the low probability of clearing the exam in this fashion simply by taking historical data. This is important so that candidates won’t be demotivated or dejected if the plan fails to materialize. However, some of the important techniques one must deploy while preparing for the exam with the above objective are given below
- Read NCERT text books
- Regularly go through the editorials of newspapers
- Follow magazines like Science Reporter, Kurukshetra, Yojana, Economic and Political Weekly
- Go through the syllabus of Optional subjects and choose the ones which best fits your interest levels.
- Regularly make notes and learn through writing
- Follow a strict timetable
- Have adequate sleep and
- Adopt healthy food habits and lifestyle
- Hard work, there is no substitute for it
How Can I Improve Self Development Skills?
- Honesty is the best policy, always be honest to yourself even when you are committing mistakes, develop the habit of accepting mistakes.
- At the end of the day, reflect on how well it was spent.
- Develop a reading habit and the desire to gain knowledge
- Stay away from negative thoughts, influence and people.
- Always develop the habit of showing gratitude to the people from whom you receive any kind of help.
For more information on the exam conducted by UPSC candidates can visit the link UPSC 2020.
|IAS Salary||IAS Eligibility|
|Civil Service Exam||Static GK|
|Government Exams||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Question Paper|
|Best Optional Subjects for UPSC||10 Must Read Books for IAS Aspirants|