Table of Contents:
A. GS1 Related:
B. GS2 Related:
C. GS3 Related:
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
D. GS4 Related:
Useful News Articles for UPSC Current Affairs
A. GS1 Related
Nothing here for Today!!!
- The Election Commission will soon approach the legislature to exclude for up to five years hopefuls recorded in control sheets for influencing voters, a move which comes after it found that “creative ways” were utilized for baiting balloters in a Tamil Nadu byelection.
- The poll watch dog has chosen to keep in touch with the Law Ministry looking for changes in the Representation of the People Act to guarantee that applicants challenging Lok Sabha and Assembly polls are excluded once they are charge-sheeted by a court.
- It can utilize its protected powers under Article 324 to cancel a survey over utilization of cash power, yet it needs the ability to be vested to it under law. The rationale is that it wouldn’t like to utilize its sacred powers too as often as possible.
What’s in news?
- The greatly anticipated Real Estate Regulatory Act, which guarantees to secure the privileges of homebuyers and get straightforwardness to the part, comes into compel on Monday.
- With all the 92 Sections of the Act becoming effective from Monday, designers might get all the continuous activities that have not gotten Completion Certificate and the new ventures enlisted with Regulatory Authorities inside three months i.e by July end.
- This empowers the purchasers to authorize their rights and look for redressal of grievances after such enlistment.
Highlights of the Act
- The Act directs exchanges amongst purchasers and promoters of private land ventures. It sets up state level administrative experts called Real Estate Regulatory Authorities (RERAs).
- Private land ventures, with a few exemptions, should be enrolled with RERAs. Promoters can’t book or offer these activities available to be purchased without enlisting them. Land operators managing in these undertakings likewise need to enroll with RERAs.
- On enrollment, the promoter must transfer subtle elements of the venture on the site of the RERA. These incorporate the site and format plan, and timetable for culmination of the land extend.
- 70% of the sum gathered from purchasers for a venture must be kept up in a different financial balance and should just be utilized for development of that venture. The state government can adjust this add up to under 70%.
- The Act sets up state level tribunals called Real Estate Appellate Tribunals. Choices of RERAs can be advanced in these tribunals.
- Niti Aayog has pressed for “substantive” changes in labor laws to remove the nation from the present low-profitability and low-wage occupations circumstance.
- It has additionally said that binding together the current huge number of work laws into four codes without changing them will fill little need.
- A board, headed by back pastor Arun Jaitley, is pondering changing over 44 work laws into four improved codes. They identify with mechanical relations, compensation, government managed savings and security.
- In the composed segment, the draft activity motivation called attention to that business people avoid work escalated enterprises and settle on very capital or talented work concentrated innovations in the ventures that they enter.
- About 400 companies from India will take part in ‘Glorious India’ backed by the Indian Commerce and Industry Ministry (leading the ‘Make in India programme’) and Tourism Ministry (spearheading the ‘Incredible India’ initiative).
- India and the U.S. are slated to hold trade talks in May to identify opportunities in sectors such as infrastructure, digital technologies and smart cities even as commercial ties have soured by the recent visa and intellectual property (IP) issues.
C. GS3 Related
What’s in news?
- The Central government is considering a proposal to make money laundering a separate criminal offence to be investigated by the Enforcement Directorate, irrespective of a probe by other agencies.
- Advantage: facilitate quick action against those indulging in money laundering.
- The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money has also been of the view that money laundering investigations by the Enforcement Directorate should be allowed without any dependence on registration of cases by other police agencies under the legal provisions listed in the schedule of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- Money laundering cases depends on the probe and prosecutions in predicate offences pursued by primary agencies.
- Many in government agencies are of the view that certain restrictions on money laundering investigations on several occasions cause impediments in taking the cases to their logical conclusion.
- Money laundering in itself has been defined as a criminal offence in several countries.
- There are separate legislations for dealing with funds generated through activities like drug trafficking or terror financing.
- The United States has very stringent laws to check money laundering.
What needs to be done?
- The government will have to bring about several amendments to the PMLA, including the current definition of the “proceeds of crime” that is right now dependent upon the predicate offences as listed in the Act’s schedule.
What is a predicate offence?
- A predicate offence is a crime that is a component of a more serious criminal offence.
- Straight from the effective merger of five partners with the State Bank of India, the legislature is hoping to solidify more open banks going ahead, with a mean to make just a couple of loan specialists of worldwide size and scale.
- A week ago, Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel said Indian managing an account framework could be in an ideal situation if some open segment banks are united to have a less yet more beneficial substances as it would help in managing the issue of focused on resources.
- The merger recommendations in the saving money segment would require leeway from the Competition Commission of India.
- The ‘National Trade Fair – Organics & Millets 2017’ is a national conference and exposition on vista of opportunities in agriculture and horticulture, processing and marketing. The event offers an excellent opportunity for farmers, buyers, sellers, exporters of organic produce and millets.
- This fair also facilitates organic product processors, manufacturers of farm equipments and others to showcase their respective products and expertise in organic and millet related areas.
- It was recently held in Bengaluru.
- Armed force to accelerate takes a shot at raising the obstruction in perspective of rising penetration.
- With penetration over the Line of Control (LoC) on the ascent, the Army is good to go to quicken chip away at introducing a brilliant fence to supplant the current outskirt fence taking after fruitful trials.
- The current one called the Anti-Infiltration Obstacle System (AIOS) is situated around 700m from the LoC. The twofold column fence comprising of concertina wire was built in the vicinity of 2003 and 2005.
- The shrewd fence extending around 700 km will have upgraded reconnaissance highlights with sensors coordinated and furthermore has better survivability.
Why smart fence assumes significance?
- Infiltration across the LoC peaked last year in the aftermath of the surgical strikes by the Army on terror camps in September.
- Attacks on military installations have also gone up dramatically over the last two years.
- The border fence forms the first line of defence in the three-tier counter-infiltration grid.
D. GS4 Related
Nothing here for Today
|BILLS/ACTS/SCHEMES/ORGANISATIONS IN NEWS||About the Article|
G. Practice Questions for UPSC Prelims Exam
Question 1: Recently Uttarakhand High Court accorded the status of living human entities to which among the following riverRecently the GSAT-09 satellite was in news. It hosts which of the following applications?
- Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs)
- Disaster Management Support
Choose the right answer from the code given below.
- 1 and 2 only
- 2, 3 and 4 only
- 1, 2 and 4 only
- All of the above
Question 2: Consider the following statements about SAARC satellite:
- It weighs more than 5000kg.
- It has a mission life of over 20 years.
- It will be launched on the Geostationary Launch Vehicle Mk-III.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
- 3 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
Question 3: . In which of the following cities, The ‘National Organic Trade Fair- Organics & Millets 2017, was held recently?
Question 4:Consider the following statements about Real Estate act:
- The Act establishes state level tribunals called Real Estate Appellate Tribunals.
- 70% of the amount collected from buyers for a project must be maintained in a separate bank account and must only be used for construction of that project.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
Question 5: Which committee was formed to reform monitory policy framework?
- Bimal Jalan Committee
- Nachiket Mor Committee
- Urjit Patel Committee
- Rangarajan Committee
“Proper Current Affairs preparation is the key to success in the UPSC- Civil Services Examination. We have now launched a comprehensive ‘Online Current Affairs Crash Course’. Limited seats available. Click here to Know More.”
You can check out some more recent News Analysis sections to build even more context
Practice More: Enroll for India’s Largest All-India Test Series