TABLE OF CONTENTS
Syllabus – GS2, IR, Bilateral agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
Prelims: About Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) and the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS)
Mains: India – France bilateral relations
Raksha Mantri held the 4th India-France Annual Defence Dialogue with the Minister of Armed Forces of France in New Delhi.
- A wide range of bilateral, regional, defence and defence industrial cooperation issues were discussed in the dialogue.
- The Ministers reviewed the ongoing military-to-military cooperation which has increased significantly in recent years.
- They also discussed means to strengthen maritime cooperation and increase the scope and complexity of bilateral exercises.
- France is the current chair of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) and the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) and both countries cooperate closely in these fora.
- In the year 2022, the French and Indian armed forces have joined hands together to increase interoperability by conducting various joint Air, Navy and Army exercises such as:
- IMEX 22 in March
- Varuna in March-April,
- Garuda in October-November
- India and France held their bilateral air exercise ‘Garuda’ at Air Force Station, Jodhpur in November 2022.
Read more about India – France relations in the linked article.
Syllabus – GS3, Security
Prelims: Ex Harimau Shakti
India – Malaysia joint military Exercise “Harimau Shakti -2022” commenced at Pulai, Kluang, Malaysia.
About Ex Harimau Shakti:
- The joint military exercise conducted between the armies of India and Malaysia was started in 2012.
- The 2022 edition is being held in November – December 2022 in Malaysia.
- The armies will share experiences gained during operations in order to enhance inter-operability in the planning & execution of various operations in jungle terrain.
- The scope of this exercise involves a Command Planning Exercise (CPX) at the Battalion level and Company level Field Training Exercise (FTX) on sub-conventional operations in jungle terrain.
Also read: India – Malaysia relations
Syllabus – GS3, Environment and Biodiversity; Conservation
Prelims: Re-Hab Project
Mains: Man-Animal conflict resolution, conservation of elephants
Project RE-HAB launched in Nainital.
About Project RE-HAB:
- Project RE-HAB, run by KVIC, was launched in March 2021 in Karnataka to prevent elephants from foraying into human settlements and agricultural lands.
- Currently, the project is run in seven states namely, Karnataka, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Assam and Odisha where man-elephant conflicts are more rampant.
Read more about Project RE-HAB in the linked article.
Read the previous PIB articles here.
November 28th, 2022, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Guru Tegh Bahadur||National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)|
|Malabar Naval Exercise||Cobra Gold Exercise|
|Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS)||Nuclear Fusion Power|