For more business news videos and PDFs, keep visiting the ‘Economy This Week’ segment regularly.
This week’s ‘Economy This Week’ segment brings to you all you need to know about the topic ‘Agriculture Loan Waiver’. Economics is an important segment of the IAS exam and is also extensively linked to current affairs.
Loan waivers for farmers is a topic often seen in the news. In this issue of Economy This Week, you can get all the relevant details on it for the UPSC exam.
Watch the video lecture of the topic, Farm Loan Waiver below:
Download the Farm Loan Waiver PDF
Also, download another PDF on the National Commission on Farmers
Topics covered in this document are:
- Why there is agriculture distress
- History of agriculture loan waivers
- Objectives of the loan waiver
- Loan waivers may dent the capex of the states
- Are the loan waivers helpful?
- Impact of loan waivers (Arguments against loan waivers)
- Do the waivers work?
- Way forward
You can also download the PPT of the video lecture from the link below: