4G is the advanced fourth generation of mobile telecommunications technology which came as a success post the 3g network. A 4G system must provide capabilities defined by ITU in IMT Advanced. Potential and current applications include amended mobile web access, IP telephony, gaming services, high-definition mobile TV, video conferencing, 3D television.
This is an important topic for IAS exam aspirants.
What are the features of 4g?
The features of 4G are :
- Better download speed
- Extremely high voice quality.
- Easy access to Internet, IM, social networks, streaming media, video calling.
- Higher bandwidth.
- Much faster than 3g
What is the difference between 4g and 5g?
The major differences between the 4G and 5G network are listed below:
- 5G network provides enhanced network coverage compared to the 4G.
- Data bandwidth of 5g is above 1gbps whereas for 4G it lies between 2mbps to 1gbps.
- The latency of the 5G network is smaller compared to 4G.
What are the advantages of 5g network?
- 5G network will allow faster uploading and downloading.
- High data speed of 5G Network would work in favour of cloud systems to enhance software updates, music, and navigation.