UPSC 2017: PIB Summary and Analysis July 28
No shortage of Essential Drugs post introduction of GST, smooth supplies being maintained
- NPPA has recently revised the ceiling price of scheduled formulations on account of implementation of GST and have reduced the ceiling prices to the extent the excise duty component was included in the ceiling prices.
Commerce and Industry Minister invites graduating students of IIFT to give suggestions for the Proposed Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20
- The new five year Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-20 gives a system to expanding fares of merchandise and enterprises and additionally era of business and expanding esteem option in the nation, with regards to the “Make in India” vision of Prime Minister.
- The concentration of the new approach is to help both the assembling and administrations parts, with an exceptional accentuation on enhancing the ‘ease of doing business’.
- FTP2015-20 presents two new plans, to be specific ” Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS)” for fare of indicated merchandise to determined markets and ” Services Exports from India Scheme (SEIS)” for expanding fares of advised administrations, set up of a plenty of plans prior, with various conditions for qualification and utilization.
- There would be no restriction joined to any scrips issued under these plans. Obligation credit scrips issued under MEIS and SEIS and the products imported against these scrips are completely transferable.
- For give of prizes under MEIS, the nations have been arranged into 3 Groups, while the rates of prizes under MEIS extend from 2% to 5%. Under SEIS the chose Services would be compensated at the rates of 3% and 5%.
- Measures have been received to bump acquirement of capital merchandise from indigenous makers under the EPCG conspire by decreasing particular fare commitment to 75% of the ordinary fare commitment.
- This will advance the local capital products fabricating industry. Such adaptabilities will help exporters to build up their beneficial capacities with regards to both nearby and worldwide utilization.
- Measures have been taken to give a lift to fares of protection and hello there tech things. In the meantime web based business fares of handloom items, books/periodicals, calfskin footwear, toys and tweaked mold articles of clothing through dispatch or remote mail station would likewise have the capacity to get advantage of MEIS (for values upto 25,000 INR).
- These measures would not just profit by India’s quality in these regions and increment sends out yet in addition give work.
Consumer Grievance Redressal System in the Country
- Under the arrangements of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, there is a three–tier quasi-judicial instrument set up for redressal of customer grievances. These are District Fora at the locale, State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in States and the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission at the Center.
- The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission holds circuit seat sitting every once in a while at various state capitals to speed up the procedure of settling.
- As an option methods for redressal, customers can likewise hold up protestations with the National Consumer Helplines (NCH). There are around 250 organizations which have banded together with NCH for redressal of buyer grievances. Objections got against these organizations are alluded to them for redressal.
- As far as the BIS Act, 1986, the Bureau of Indian Standards has been set up for the concordant advancement of the exercises of institutionalization, and stamping and quality confirmation of merchandise and so on.
- The Bureau has forces to concede, reestablish, suspend or cross out a permit for utilization of the standard check and bury alia, make examinations and gather tests to see congruity with the Indian standard as additionally whether the standard stamp has been disgracefully utilized.
Insurance Schemes for unorganized sector persons/people living below the poverty line
- The Social Security Scheme to be specific, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) takes into account unorganised segment people under 48 different vocational groups such Beedi Workers, Brick Kiln Workers, Rickshaw Pullers/Auto Drivers and so forth.
- As a major aspect of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), every one of the general population in the age gathering of 18 to 59 years who opened Jan Dhan accounts between 15.08.2014 to 31.01.2015 were secured under free life coverage of Rs. 30,000/ – .
- The premium is borne by the Central Government.
- Aside from the over, the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) are widespread and reasonable plans accessible with ease, to address the protection of life and unintentional dangers.
- Further, Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) gives medical coverage cover to people living underneath the destitution line.
Features of GST
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) is planned to acquire transparency and accountability in business exchanges alongside the simplicity of working together and justification in impose rates and won’t make ready for financialization of the nation.
- The premier advantage of GST is to expel leaps in between State exchanges bringing about the setting up of a typical market. This make ‘one country, one tax and one market’ valid in the country.
- Further, if there should arise an occurrence of between State supply, just incorporated expense is to be exacted while in intra-State supplies, focal assessment and State duty or Union region charge is to be required.
- Accordingly, the plenty of duties being collected by the Center and the States in the recent administration has been supplanted by more transparency and more proficient tax collection framework.
- GST will advance business and improvement by making the tax assessment structure simple and by disposing of the various expenses. The GST laws have been encircled in such a way, to the point that a large number of assessments have been supplanted by one expense.
National Action Plan on Hepatitis C to be ready by the end of this year
- The Health Minister emphasised on the need for prevention of Hepatitis infection and highlighted the increase in immunisation coverage that is aimed to increase 90% by 2018.
- The Government is planning to bring out notification for screening Hepatitis C and is planning to implement it till the district level.
- The National Health Policy (NHP), 2017 has perceived the developing weight by virtue of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and pushed the need to end and turn around the developing frequency of perpetual ailments.
- This arrangement means critical change from extremely particular to far reaching essential social insurance bundle which incorporates geriatric medicinal services, palliative care and rehabilitative care administrations.
- According to the report by the World Economic Forum and the Harvard School of Public Health distributed in November, 2014, India stands to lose $4.58 trillion preceding 2030 because of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and mental health conditions.
- Public health is a State subject, be that as it may, under National Health Mission, financialand specialized help is given to States/UTs to reinforce their healthcare systems.