September 27th, 2020 PIB:- Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
NCDC sanctions Rs 19444 crores in the first instalment for MSP operations support to States during Kharif season 2020-21.
- NCDC is the apex financing organisation under the Ministry of Agriculture.
- It was established by an Act of Parliament in 1963 as a statutory corporation.
- Functions of the NCDC:
- Planning, promoting and financing programmes for production, processing, marketing, storage, export and import of agricultural produce, foodstuffs, certain other notified commodities, e.g. fertilisers, insecticides, agricultural machinery, lac, soap, kerosene oil, textile, rubber, etc.
- Supply of consumer goods and collection, processing, marketing, storage and export of minor forest produce through cooperatives.
- Income-generating stream of activities such as poultry, dairy, fishery, sericulture, handloom, etc.
- Loans and grants are advanced to State Governments for financing primary and secondary level cooperative societies and direct to the national level and other societies having objects extending beyond one State.
- Direct funding of projects under its various schemes of assistance on fulfilment of stipulated conditions.
Also read: Minimum Support Price (MSP)
World Tourism Day is observed on 27th September every year.
About World Tourism Day:
- This Day has been celebrated since 1980 by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- 27th September was chosen as the date since it was the day in 1970 on which the statutes of the UNWTO were adopted.
- The purpose of this day is to raise awareness on the role of tourism within the international community and to demonstrate how it affects social, cultural, political and economic values worldwide.
- The colour of World Tourism Day is Blue.
- The theme for the World Tourism Day 2020 is “Tourism and Rural Development”.
- The theme will celebrate the unique role that tourism plays in providing opportunities outside of big cities and preserving cultural and natural heritage all around the world.
- For the first time in the 40-year history of World Tourism Day, the official celebration will not be hosted by a single Member State of the United Nations specialized agency.
- Instead, nations from the Mercosur bloc (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay, with Chile joining with observer status) will serve as joint hosts.
Read previous PIB here.
September 27th, 2020, PIB:- Download PDF Here