|Group||18||Melting point||-189 oc|
|Period||3||Boiling point||-185.7 oc|
|Block||p||Density (g cm−3)||0.001633|
|Atomic number||18||Relative atomic mass||39.948|
|State at 20°C||Gas||Key isotopes||40Ar|
|Electron configuration||[Ne] 3s23p6||CAS number||7440-37-1|
|ChemSpider ID||22407||ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database|
- Argon is a chemical element in the eighteen group of the periodic table. It is a noble gas and it it is the third most abundant gas in earth’s atmosphere.
- They are used in metal industries.
- It is used in the production of titanium.
- It is used in double dazzled windows to fill the space between the panels.
- It is odourless, colourless gas that is totally inert into other substance.
- Under extreme conditions, argon can form certain compounds even though it is a gas.
- It is characterised by same solubility level in water as that of oxygen.
- It has low thermal conductivity.