Table of Contents:
A. GS1 Related:
ART AND CULTURE
B. GS2 Related:
C. GS3 Related:
D. GS4 Related:
Useful News Articles for UPSC Current Affairs
A. GS1 Related
Category: ART AND CULTURE
What’s in news?
- A nine-day mega social occasion Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsava exhibiting traditional folk dance and music was introduced in Tawang
- It involves pride for Tawang and Arunachal Pradesh that a major social occasion is being held here. Regardless of rehashed claims by a neighboring nation, Arunachal Pradesh is more Indian than whatever other piece of the nation.
- About 100 specialists speaking to various tribes of Arunachal Pradesh and 500 craftsmen from the nation over will exhibit their conventional society move and music at the social event, sorted out by the Union Ministry of Culture.
B. GS2 Related
Category: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Continuing the pattern of troubles confronted by workers from India in Gulf nations.
- A vast number of Indian specialists in Bahrain have looked for the support of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- The issue became visible when a gathering of workers utilized with a Bahraini privately owned business spoke to the legislature for help through web-based social networking systems. They said no less than 500 laborers had not gotten compensation for a considerable length of time and were living on sustenance gifts.
- The cases from Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are the most recent in a progression of occurrences including countless laborers from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations.
- The GCC nations represent the biggest number of abroad Indian specialists and remain a consistent wellspring of remote settlements to the Indian economy.
- Indian External Affairs serve has taught the Indian Embassy at Bahrain for rapid determination of the case.
What’s in news?
- Kohima, Nagaland Assembly communicated genuine worry over the announced development of fencing on the universal fringe by Myanmar at Pangsha in Tuensang locale of Nagaland.
- Fencing of the Indo-Myanmar fringe can possibly influence free development and the conventional social and financial ties between the general population on both sides of the outskirt.
- Naga individuals don’t have any issue with the nonexistent line separating India and Myanmar, yet development of outskirt fencing is not worthy.
- Construction of fringe fencing in Pangsha is an immediate infringement of Article 371 (A) in light of the fact that both the Indian and Myanmar government have neglected to counsel and accept the authentic land proprietors (Nagas) in such manner as land and its assets had a place with the land proprietors to the extent the arrangement of Article 371 (A) is concerned.
What’s in news?
- A gathering of 107 individuals from U.S. Congress have kept in touch with Union Home Minister to incidentally lift the limitations on the American Christian philanthropy, Compassion International (CI).
- Background data: The Union government has requested banks in India to quit preparing wire exchanges from CI to its Indian accomplices, conveying the philanthropy’s operations to end. CI underpins 1,45,000 kids in India with gifts brought up in the U.S.
- The Indian government has put CI on a Priority Watch list, blaming the philanthropy for doing religious change in the nation. Notwithstanding, no body of evidence has been recorded against the association.
- The U.S legislators said they were “long time supporters of U.S. –India association” however the Indian government’s treatment of CI has “brought on genuine worry inside the U.S. Congress.”
- Accused India – absence of straightforwardness and consistency in your administration’s authorization of the Foreign Contributions Regulations Act.
What’s in news?
- The State government’s turn to give vitamin-improved and prepared to-utilize helpful sustenance to malnourished kids has borne organic product, with countless now having sound existences.
- The Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM)— a venture attempted by the legislature in December 2015—has helped in treating 9,117 youngsters beneath 5 years who were experiencing serious intense ailing health (SAM). UNICEF, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, and Action Against Hunger are the venture accomplices.
- Therapeutic food: Therapeutic food is sustenance’s intended for particular, normally healthful, remedial purposes as a type of dietary supplement. The essential cases of remedial sustenance are utilized for crisis sustaining of malnourished kids or to supplement the eating methodologies of people with extraordinary nourishment prerequisites, for example, the elderly.
C. GS3 Related
What’s in news?
- The Traditional Knowledge Database Library (TKDL), association of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research that has battled biopiracy for a considerable length of time, will stop to exist in its flow shape.
- It will never again be an association that once star effectively scouted for licensed innovation encroachments by Indian and remote organizations on conventional information in zones.
- TKDL is an online vault of around 300,000 details from Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani frameworks. The body deciphered, filtered and digitized writings from their Sanskrit, Arabic and Urdu firsts. This was then made searchable, permitting patent workplaces in India, Europe, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Japan to check if patent candidates of natural blends, creams and medications were constructing their cases with respect to accessible conventional learning.
- Between 2009 and 2015, 219 licenses were denied to Indian and outside organizations in light of TKDL’s difficulties.
- The association was found in pharmaceutical circles as a “patent blocker,” subsequently there was campaigning against it.
- Now TKDL is confronting cuts in budgetary distributions
What’s in news?
- The Finance Ministry to meet bankers to talk about ways to empty surplus liquidity out of the managing an account framework emerging out of the Center’s demonetisation move.
- The new Standing Deposit Facility permits banks to stop their overabundance stores with the RBI at a rate which is lower than the repo rate yet with no security.
- The repo rate is 6.25%. At present, banks can get finances through the repo window from the RBI by utilizing government securities as guarantee.
GST gives an inclination that market in India is one now and there are no hindrances between districts or areas. Indeed, even inside the nation, the esteem chains — which will get coordinated — will have an easier and direct stream (of merchandise) and consequently, it ought to make trades more aggressive instead of costly.
- Compares the business controls crosswise over 190 economies.
- As per the report distributed by the World Bank in September 2016, India’s general positioning enhanced from 131 in 2016 to 130 in 2017.
- The general positioning is a normal of the different sub-pointers on the premise of which the nations have been positioned. These sub-markers incorporate the time taken to begin a business, time taken to get development grants, paying charges and authorizing contracts.
D. GS4 Related
Nothing here for today!!!
E. Concepts-in-News: Related Concepts to Revise/Learn
|BILLS/ACTS/SCHEMES/ORGANISATIONS IN NEWS||About the Article|
|Foreign Contribution (regulation) Act, 2010||Aim : To regulate the acceptance and utilization of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality by certain individuals or associations or companies and to prohibit acceptance and utilization of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality for any activities detrimental to the national interest and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.|
Article 371A. Special provision with respect to the State of Nagaland
(1) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution,
a) no Act of Parliament in respect of
b) the Governor of Nagaland shall have special responsibility with respect to law and order in the State of Nagaland for so long as in his opinion internal disturbances occurring in the Naga Hills Tuensang Area immediately before the formation of that State continue therein or in any part thereof and in the discharge of his functions in relation thereto the Governor shall, after consulting the Council of Ministers, exercise his individual judgment as to the action to be taken: Provided that if any question arises whether any matter is or is not a matter as respects which the Governor is under this sub clause required to act in the exercise of his individual judgment, the decision of the Governor in his discretion shall be final, and the validity of anything done by the Governor shall not be called in question on the ground that he ought or ought not to have acted in the exercise of his individual judgment: Provided further that if the President on receipt of a report from the Governor or otherwise is satisfied that it is no longer necessary for the Governor to have special responsibility with respect to law and order in the State of Nagaland, he may by order direct that the Governor shall cease to have such responsibility with effect from such date as may be specified in the order;
c) in making his recommendation with respect to any demand for a grant, the Governor of Nagaland shall ensure that any money provided by the Government of India out of the Consolidated Fund of India for any specific service or purpose is included in the demand for a grant relating to that service or purpose and not in any other demand;
d) as from such date as the Governor of nagaland may by public notification in this behalf specify, there shall be estalished a regional council for the Tuensang district consisting of thirty five members and the Governor shall in his discretion make rules providing for
(2) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution, for a period of ten years from the date of the formation of the State of Nagaland or for such further period as the Governor may, on the recommendation of the regional council, by public notification specify in this behalf,
b) where any money is provided by the Government of India to the Government of Nagaland to meet the requirements of the State of nagaland as a whole, the Governor shall in his discretion arrange for an equitable allocation of that money between the Tuensang district and the rest of the State;
c) no Act of the Legislature of Nagaland shall apply to the Tuensang district unless the Governor, on the recommendation of the regional council, by public notification so directs and the Governor in giving such direction with respect to any such Act may direct that the Act shall in its application to the Tuensang district or any part thereof have effect subject to such exceptions or modifications as the Governor may specify on the recommendation of the regional council: Provided that any direction given under this sub clause may be given so as to have retrospective effect;
d) the Governor may make regulations for the peace, progress and good government of the Tuensang district and any regulations so made may repeal or amend with retrospective effect, if necessary, any Act of Parliament or any other law which is for the time being applicable to that district;
f) notwithstanding anything in the foregoing provisions of this clause, the final decision on all matters relating to the Tuensang district shall be made by the Governor in his discretion;
g) in articles 54 and 55 and clause ( 4 ) of Article 80, references to the elected members of the Legislative Assembly of a State or to each such member shall include references to the members or member of the Legislative Assembly of Nagaland elected by the regional council established under this article;
h) in Article 170
G. Practice Questions for UPSC Prelims Exam:)
Question 1: Consider the following statement with reference to Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsava:
- Held at Arunachal Pradesh
- Main aim is to promote traditional folkdance and music
Choose the correct answer
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Question 2: Which ministry is responsible for implementation of Foreign Contribution of Regulation Act?
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Home affairs
- Ministry of Corporate affairs
- None of the above.
Question 3: Doha Development Round, which was in news frequently relates to which of the following?
- Talks regarding international monetary system
- Talks regarding refugee crisis
- Talks at WTO regarding world trade
Question 4: Consider the following statements :
- The portal will be accessible to the central government which will track down every transaction on its end..
- Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) is a for-profit organisation formed to create a platform for all the concerned parties.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
“Proper Current Affairs preparation is the key to success in the UPSC- Civil Services Examination. We have now launched a comprehensive ‘Online Current Affairs Crash Course’. Limited seats available. Click here to Know More.”
Practice More: Enroll for India’s Largest All-India Test Series