The UPSC has released the Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the 2019 IAS Mains exam. The UPSC Mains exam is scheduled to start on 20th September and will continue for five days.
The DAF was uploaded on the official website of the UPSC on the 1st of August, and the last date of submission of the DAF was 6:00 PM, 16th August 2019.
Candidates who have cleared the UPSC Prelims are qualified to take the UPSC Mains exam. They should fill in the DAF online and submit it in the UPSC portal before the stipulated last date.
Once the DAF has been submitted, the Commission will upload the Admit Cards of candidates for the IAS Mains exam.
The UPSC DAF is the most important document for the mains exam because not only is this the application form for the mains exam, it is also the basis on which the UPSC board assesses the candidates’ personalities in the UPSC Interview.
Various details like personal, parental, educational, interests, etc. should be filled in. Utmost care should be taken before filling these as the board will ask questions based on the information you have provided.
Candidates should be aware of the UPSC last date to fill the Application Form to avoid problems later.
Candidates should fill the actual details in the Application Form to avoid rejection of the form during verification.
6 Modules of the DAF
- Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Parental Information
- Employment Information
- Upload documents and
- Final Submission
How to Fill the DAF for UPSC Mains?
The detailed step-by-step process of filling in the DAF is given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the UPSC
On the home page, click under “What’s New” – DAF: Civil Services (Mains) Examination, 2019
Step 2: Once you click on the DAF for mains 2019, you will reach the page as shown below:
Step 3: Once you click on the tab, Civil Services (Mains) Examination, 2019, you will be led to the following:
Step 4: Now, enter your roll number, password and log in. If you have not registered, you can do so by creating a registration account as given in the page.
Step 5: Fill in the details asked in the DAF with due consideration and care.
Candidates should make sure that they have filled all the columns correctly.
The Commission will not entertain any correspondence from the candidates to change any of the entries made while filling the Online Detailed Application Form.
Candidates are advised to read through the Instructions PDF provided in the website before starting out to fill in the DAF.
Also, download the UPSC Mains 2019 Notification:
After filling in all the details, one should click on the submit button. A message on the screen will appear with the candidate’s name, email address.
A password will be sent to the candidate’s email address. After this, candidates should again visit the UPSC official website and should log in into the module with their roll number and password.
For a well-planned preparation for the upcoming Mains exam 2019, candidates should cover the UPSC syllabus properly.
Documents Required for Mains
Candidates should upload scanned copies of documents like
- Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification
- Community Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Photo ID proof – this ID is to be carried to the examination centre. This can be voter ID/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Educational institution or office ID Card/Driving License or any valid ID issued by the central or state government
- And, other required documents as mentioned in the Instructions to Candidates for filling in the Detailed Application Form
For more on documents to be uploaded, please check the article below.
Fee Payment for UPSC Mains
- All candidates except those who are exempt must pay the prescribed fees for UPSC mains Rs.200/- during the filling up of the DAF.
- Candidates who are exempt from fee payment: Female/SC/ST/Persons with benchmark disability (PWBD).
- Candidates can pay either online or through the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode. Online payment can be done by net banking (SBI) or using VISA/MasterCard/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
- If you are paying by cash, you should take a printout of the system generated pay-in-slip during the online DAF filling, and deposit the fee at a branch of SBI on the next working day itself. Please note that the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode will be deactivated on 15th August 2019.
Candidates should be aware of the UPSC last date for fee payment as it might lead to rejection of the Application Form.