In UPSC IAS Mains exam candidates have to face the one optional subject with two paper, which is considered as the vital part of UPSC IAS Mains exam. UPSC has released the Calendar of Examinations 2019. The IAS Prelims exam is scheduled on 2nd June 2019. The candidates who remain successful in the PRelims Examination will be allowed to take up the Mains Examination. For the Mains Examination, the candidates are supposed to choose an Optional Subject. The candidate would then have to attempt two papers of the optional subject of his/ her choice. This article talks about Mechanical Engineering as an optional subject for the UPSC MAins Examination.
Mechanical engineering as an optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains
Mechanical engineering as an optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains Exam is a professional degree subject that deals with the construction, design, and use of machines. Aspirants those who are from Mechanical engineering background can only handle this optional subject. If the aspirants are thorough with core subjects of mechanical engineering one can opt for mechanical engineering. The syllabus of Mechanical engineering ought to be done before prelims.
BYJU’s has already come up with the UPSC syllabus for Mechanical engineering optional. Now we have compiled important books for Mechanical engineering optional for UPSC IAS Exam.
Books for Mechanical engineering optional
- Thermodynamics – R Yadav
- Theory of Mechanics – S S Rattan
- Heat Conversion – Arora and Kundwar
- Heat Transfer – Gupta Prakash
- Heat and Mass Transfer – R. Yadav
- Theory of Mechanism and Mechanics – Jagdish Lal
- Principles of Manufacturing Material & Process – Campbell
- Fundamentals of Classed Thermodynamics – Van Wylen
- Environmental Pollution Central Engineering-C S Rao
- Mechanic of Solids – Popru
- Energy Conversion – Sukhalmoy
- Surveying and Levelling – T P Kanetkar
- Manufacturing Science – Ghosh and Malik
- Manufacturing Science – R K Jain
- Manufacturing Technology – P N Rao
- Production Management – R K Jain
|Mission 2019 – A General Preparation Plan for IAS Exam|
|How to Prepare for UPSC at Home|
|List of IAS Toppers with their Optional Subjects|