The State Bank of India has announced the exam pattern of SBI PO 2017 recruitment process for the aspiring candidates. Interested candidates willing to join the banking sector needs to know the exam pattern after filling up the online application form. The aspirants must go through the exam pattern before they start with their preparation. SBI PO examination is conducted across the country.
The exam consists of three phases:
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Group discussion & Personal interview round
The written exams that are prelims and main are held online. By the selection process of SBI PO 2017, the eligible candidates qualifying for the prelims will appear in the mains exam. The candidates clearing the main examination will be called for the final round i.e. group discussion & personal interview round. The list of the qualified candidates will then be prepared along with with the allotment by the SBI for the PO post according to the vacancies across its branches.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2017
- Objective type question
- Total marks- 100
- Online mode
- Total time- 1 hour
- 1 mark for every right answer and 0.25 negative marks for the wrong answer
The Structure of Prelims
|Subjects||Total marks in each subject||No of questions||Composite time|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour (no fixed time for each section)|
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern 2017
- Objective test- 200 marks
- Descriptive test-50 marks
- Both the test will be in online mode
- After completion of objective test, the candidate will be allowed to give the descriptive test
- 3 hour duration for four sections
- Segregated timing for each section
- Aspirants are required to score cut off marks for each section in order to qualify
- 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer
The Structure of objective test in SBI PO Mains:
|Sl.No||Subjects||Total marks in each subject||No of questions asked||Time duration|
|1.||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||60||45||60 minutes|
|2.||Data Analysis and Interpretation||60||35||45 minutes|
|3.||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
Descriptive test pattern:
- Duration- 30 minutes consisting of 50 marks
- English Language test (Letter writing and essay)
- To asses the writing skills of the candidate
- The qualifying candidates of the objective test will be allowed to appear for descriptive test
Group Exercises and Personal interview:
- Candidates who will go through the sectional cut-off of the main examination will be called for this final interview round.
- Group exercise- 20 marks.
- Personal interview- 30 marks
- Qualifying marks of this round will be given by the concerned authority.
- Group discussion is replaced by group exercises where candidates in a group are made to perform on any general topic or on current affairs.
- The group exercise is judged by the assessors who prepare the final qualifying list of the candidates based on the performance.
The detailed syllabus of SBI PO 2017 needs to be followed for the preparation of SBI exam. This syllabus is there on our website. To get more detailed information about Bank PO exams stay tuned with Byju’s.