ISRO is chipping away at frameworks to figure the catastrophic events that could be utilized as contribution by States/disaster management organizations.
This article will give brief details about this even within the context of the Civil Services Examination.
|Improve your chances of cracking the IAS Exam by attempting the CSAT Mock Tests now!!
Candidates can check the following links to strengthen their UPSC preparation:
How will this development by ISRO be beneficial?
ISRO is completing studies to encourage best utilization of the satellite determined data to create models for estimating the catastrophic events. Some of such approachs created include:
- Cyclone formation, track and Intensity: ISRO has created strategies for estimating the violent wind development, it’s track and power utilizing satellite based perception. The technique created has been exchanged to India meteorological Department (IMD) who is commanded for twister estimate.
- Flood Early W arning System: The North Eastern Space Applications Center (NESAC) of ISRO has built up the Flood Early Warning System (FLEWS) as a Research and Development (R&D) extend in Assam State in relationship with Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA). The FLEWS display is being utilized as a part of every one of the 25 flood inclined areas of Assam. Another model for anticipating floods in Godavari floodplains in Andhra Pradesh is created by National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC) of ISRO. The philosophy is being utilized by Central Water Commission (CWC). ISRO is creating comparable frameworks for Krishna, Brahmani-Baitarani, Ghagra, Gandak, and Kosi streams.
- Heavy Rainfall/ cloud burst alerts: Space Applications Center (SAC) of ISRO has built up a model, for substantial precipitation/torrent alarms, which is in effect tentatively did for Indian locale. The data is made accessible on ISRO’s MOSDAC (Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data Archival Center) site.
- Rainfall triggered landslide alerts for the Uttarakhand Region: An exploratory early cautioning framework for precipitation activated avalanches is created for use along the journey course passages prompting Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath and additionally along the Pithoragarh-Malpa course in Uttarakhand. The admonishing is produced in view of the factual connection between the landscape (topographical, morphological) and worldly (basically long haul precipitation occasions) factors.
- Extreme weather events: ISRO has created exploratory strategies for early cautioning extraordinary climate occasions, for example, warm wave utilizing numerical climate forecasts. The data determined is being made accessible on the MOSDAC site.
ISRO has acknowledged two satellite missions, Viz., MeghaTropiques (propelled in Oct 2011) and SARAL (propelled in Feb 2013), in a joint effort with French National Space Agency (CNES). By and by, ISRO is working with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), USA towards joint acknowledgment of a satellite mission, to be specific, ‘NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR), to be propelled by 2020-21 time period.
FAQ about Forecast Natural Disasters ISRO
What is disaster forecasting?
Why is it important to forecast natural disasters?
For more information about upcoming Government Exams, visit the linked article. More exam-related preparation materials will be found through the links given below:
|Earthquake||Volcano||100 Difference Between Articles|
|Tsunami||UPSC Syllabus||Current Affairs Quiz|
|Topic-wise GS 1 Questions for UPSC Mains||Topic-wise GS 2 Questions for UPSC Mains||Topic-wise GS 3 Questions for UPSC Mains|