The Indian history is divided into three segments- Ancient India, Medieval India and Modern India. The Indian History, especially the Modern India portion has a key role in both UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam and the Main Examination. A significant number of the total number of questions asked in UPSC IAS prelims exam comes from Modern India.
The journey of India towards freedom was a rigorous one. It got independence from the British government on 15th August 1947. Celebrating independence and recalling the various martyred personalities, this day embarks upon every Indian, a sense of pride to be born in a country like India.
The Indian independence movement was led by several people from nooks and corner of the nation. They had sacrificed their blood and soul for the freedom of their nation. There are a lot of freedom fighters in India who has done commendable struggle against the British Government.
The quotes and slogans are important for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains examination. aspirants can quote the slogans wherever needed. This will make your answers more attractive and fetch good marks.
Here we bring you the great inspiring slogans by our freedom fighters and leaders who sincerely sacrificed and dedicated their lives to our country.
Slogans by Mahatma Gandhi
- “Quit India”
- “Do or Die”
- “Humne Ghutne Tekkar Roti Mangi Kintu Pathar Mile”
- “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”
- “Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?”
- “Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state becomes lawless or corrupt.”
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever so experienced and able, can delight in depriving other human beings of that precious right.”
Slogans by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “Jai Hind “
- “Give me blood, I will give you freedom”
- “Freedom is not given – it is taken.”
- “It is our duty to pay for our liberty with our own blood. The freedom that we shall win through our sacrifice and exertions, we shall be able to preserve with our own strength.”
- “One individual may die but that idea will, after his earth, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.”
- “Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives, are invincible.”
Slogans by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- “Vande Mataram”
- “When a man is in doubt what to do, he goes wherever he happens to be first called.”
Slogans by Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- “Swaraj Mera Janamsiddh adhikar hai, aur main ise lekar rahunga”
- “Our nation is like a tree of which the original trunk is swarajya and the branches are swadeshi and boycott.”
- “Swaraj is my birthright, and I shall have it!”
Slogans by Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “Jai Jawaan, Jai Kisaan”
- “The preservation of freedom is not the task of soldiers alone. The whole nation has to be strong.”
- “True democracy or the swaraj of the masses can never come through untruthful and violent means.”
- “We have now to fight for peace with the same courage and determination as we fought against aggression.”
Slogans by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
- “Satyamev Jayathe”
Slogans by Bhagat Singh
- “Inquilab Zindabad”
- “They may kill me, but they cannot kill my ideas. They can crush my body, but they will not be able to crush my spirit.”
- “‘Revolution’ does not necessarily involve sanguinary strife nor is there any place in it for individual vendetta. It is not the cult of the bomb and the pistol. By ‘Revolution’ we mean that the present order of things, which is based on manifest injustice, must change.”
Slogans by Ramprasad Bismil
- “Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Ab hamare dil mein hai”
- “Even if I have to face death a thousand times for the sake of my Motherland, I shall not be sorry. Oh, Lord! Grant me a hundred births in India. But grant me this, too, that each time I may give up my life in the service of the Motherland.”
Slogans by Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “Dushman ki goliyon ka hum samna karenge, Azad hee rahein hain, Azad hee rahenge”
- “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland.”
Slogans by Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Araam Haraam hai”
- “Blood and tears are going to be our lot, whether we like them or not. Our blood and tears will flow; maybe the parched soil of India needs them so that the fine flower of freedom may grow again.”
Slogans by Ashfaqullah khan
- “There is no dream and if there is, there only one to see my children struggling for the same and for which I am expected to be finished”.
Slogans by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- “Manpower without Unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.”
Slogans by B. R. Ambedkar
- My final words of advice to you are educated, agitate and organize; have faith in yourself. With justice on our side, I do not see how we can lose our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is a battle for freedom. It is the battle of reclamation of human personality.
Slogans by Rabindranath Tagore
- “I am willing to serve my country, but my worship I reserve for Right which is far greater than my country. To worship my country as a god is to bring a curse upon it.”
- “Patriotism cannot be our final spiritual shelter; my refuge is humanity. I will not buy glass for the price of diamonds, and I will never allow patriotism to triumph over humanity as long as I live.”
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam