The patterns formed by the streams, rivers and lakes in a particular drainage basin which are governed by the topography of the land constitute the drainage patterns of an area. There are 7 types of drainage patterns:
1. Dendritic drainage pattern– looks like the branching of a tree, found in regions with homogenous material.
2.Parallel drainage pattern- forms where there is a slope.
3. Trellis Drainage Pattern– patterns look similar to the common garden trellis.
4.Rectangular Drainage Pattern-found in regions that have undergone faulting.
5.Radial Drainage Pattern-develops around a central elevated point.
6.Centripetal Drainage Pattern-flows towards a central depression.
7. Deranged Drainage Pattern- develop from the disruption of a pre-existing drainage pattern.
Consider the following statements:
1. Drainage patterns are governed by the topography of the land.
2. There are only 2 types of drainage patterns.
Which of the following statements are correct:
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) None of the above