How to pay UPSC exam fees?
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017 Notification: Examination Scheme, Exam Dates, Application Fee and Last Date Details. The UPSC has released the notification for Civil Services And Indian Forest Services Examination.
The 2017 UPSC notification contains the details of fee payment for the UPSC civil services exam. Read on for the details:
- Candidates must pay a fee of Rs.100/- while applying for the UPSC prelims exam.
- Female, scheduled castes/scheduled tribes, physically handicapped candidates are exempt from paying the fees.
- The fees can be paid by remitting the amount in any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) by cash, or by using the net banking facility of SBI/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Travancore/ State Bank of Patiala, or by using debit/credit card or Visa or Mastercard.
- Applicants who pay by cash (pay-by-cash mode) should take a printout of the system generated pay-in-slip during part II of the registration and deposit the fee at an SBI branch counter on the next working day only.
- The “pay-by-cash” mode will be deactivated on 16th March 2017 at 23:59 hours (11:59 PM).
- Applicants who have generated the pay-in-slip before deactivation can deposit the cash on the closing date, i.e., 17th March 2017.
- Applicants who do not pay the amount on the closing date even with a valid pay-in-slip will have to opt for the online payment mode which is open until 18:00 hours of 17th March 2017.
- Applicants’ names whose payment details have not been received from the bank will be displayed on the UPSC website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application as fictitious payment cases.
- Such applicants will receive an email from the UPSC asking a copy of the proof of payment to be submitted to the Commission at the specified address within 10 days of getting the email.
- OBC candidates must pay the fees in full. Exemption is only for female, SC/ST and PH candidates.
- All applications without the fees will be rejected.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded or be made available for any other exam under any circumstances.
- All candidates admitted to the UPSC mains exam will be required to pay another Rs.200/-.
Visit BYJU’S Website for strategy and articles on free IAS prep and all the latest on UPSC IAS exam.