Chemistry plays a significant role in meeting human wants for different materials geared toward raising the standard of life. This can be explained by the massive scale production of a spread of fertilisers, improved sorts of pesticides and pesticides. Learning chemistry is obligatory currently because it constitutes to be a critical subject in higher classes.ICSE Class 7 Chemistry Important Questions help you refresh all the essential topics you have learnt in class 7.
The Important Questions of ICSE Class 7 Chemistry are given below:
- Choose the correct answer out of the four available choices given below each question.
- The____________ substances do not have their own definite shape and volume.
- Metals react with dilute acids to liberate __________ gas.
- A solution which cannot dissolve more of solute at a given temperature is called_____.
- Unsaturated solution
- Saturated solution
- True solution
- Colloid solution
- Give the chemical formula for the following:
- Caustic soda
- Nitric acid
- Lead nitrate
- Blue vitriol
- Fill in the blanks and rewrite the sentences:
- Manganese dioxide acts as a _____ during the formation of oxygen.
- On burning a candle, _____ and ______ are formed.
- When ammonium chloride is dissolved in water, heat is ______ .
- A sublimable solid on heating turns into ______.
- Adding salt to water increases the ______ point of water.
- State whether True or False.
- Marble is hydrated calcium sulphate.
- Oxygen burns in an atmosphere of acetylene producing very high temperatures which are used for welding and cutting metals.
- Metals occur in nature in both free and combined states.
- Rusting is a slow oxidation process in which iron slowly reacts with the oxygen of the air in the presence of moisture.
- Water freezing into ice is an example of chemical change.
- Match the following:
Solid ‘X’ to Liquid ‘Y’
Liquid ‘X’ to its vapours ‘Z’
‘Z’ to ‘X’
‘Y’ to ‘X’
The temperature at which ‘Y ‘changes to ‘Z’
- Write the valency and the symbols for the following elements:
- Give the chemical name for the following:
- Addition of curd to milk is a chemical change. Why?
- Explain why the Burning of sulphur powder is a chemical change.
- Explain the term catalyst and its types.
- Define Chemical equation.
- What are Reactants?
- What is meant by Products?
- Write a short note on a balanced equation.
- Explain Catalyst.
- Compare in tabular form properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases with respect to :
- Fluidity or Rigidity
- Define mixture.
- Explain the term atomicity in detail.
- Give the differences between elements and compounds.
- What are the different types of the mixture?