The ICSE Class 8 Syllabus of Geography brings the influence of Geographical phenomenon in terms of changes in temperature, climate and weather, availability of resources and material etc. as well as their impact on our daily lives. Here, we have provided the detailed ICSE Class 8 Geography Syllabus which contains the core concepts, themes, learning outcomes, suggested transitional processes and suggested learning resources. Interesting teaching methods have also been mentioned in the syllabus to help students grow as responsible citizens in a secular democracy. So, go through the ICSE Class 8 Geography Syllabus and download it in pdf, for future reference.
Students can have a look at the core concepts of the Geography syllabus below. The subtopics under these topics have been mentioned in detail in the pdf above.
Theme 1: Population Dynamics
- Distribution of population in the world.
- Overpopulation and under population: meaning with examples of countries from the world.
- Impact of overpopulation and under population on the society.
- Factors affecting the population of a place, birth and death rate, immigration and emigration.
- Composition of population – Age and sex, rural and urban; population pyramid.
Theme 2: Migration
- Migration: Introduction.
- Types of migration-immigration, emigration, rural- urban and urban-urban. (examples from the world).
- Impact of migration on socioeconomic structure of the society (examples from India and the world).
- Brain Drain: introduction, causes of brain-drain, positive and negative
Theme 3: Urbanisation
- Urbanisation – meaning and causes.
- Positive and negative impacts of urbanisation; satellite cities.
- Concept of Smart Cities (examples from the World).
For More Information On Smart Cities and Satellite Cities, Watch The Below Video:
Theme 4: Asia – The Largest Continent
- Location and Extent
- East Asia, North Asia, Central Asia, South-East Asia, SouthCentral Asia, Western Asia
- Physiography: Northern lowlands, Central highlands, Plateaus, River basins, Islands.
- Climate: Factors affecting Climate of Asia, Types of Climate: Tundra, Temperate, Tropical, Desert, Equatorial.
- Natural Vegetation: Tundra, Taiga, Tropical Deciduous, Thorny, Equatorial.
Theme 5: India – Geographical Features
- India- Its location and extent, its neighbouring countries.
- Political divisions of India – States/ UTs and Capitals.
- Physiographic Divisions of India –The Himalayas, Northern plains, Peninsular plateau, Thar desert, Coastal regions, Islands.
We have compiled the syllabus of all the subjects of Class 8 ICSE board. Students can access them by visiting the ICSE Class 8 Syllabus page at BYJU’S. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on ICSE/CBSE/State Board and other competitive exams.