The Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) is the board of examination that conducts examination for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination (ICSE) for classes up to 10th and Indian School Certificate (ISC) for class 12th. Class 7th is considered to be equally important class as most of the basic concepts are taught in this class, which are repeated in higher classes. Maths holds to be one of the most difficult subjects as it requires an understanding of the subject. Maths may be a nightmare to a majority of students while only a few of the students actually love to solve Maths. Having a good practice of the subject, help students to score well. But before beginning your practice, it is crucially important for the students to be aware of the syllabus. Having a good knowledge of the subject helps the students to know about the pattern of the examination, as well as allows students in managing time for the subject.
The Syllabus of ICSE Class 7 Mathematics is given below:
Theme 1: Number System
- Multiplication and division of integers
- Properties of operations on integers: Commutativity, associativity, existence of identity and inverse and distributivity (Only for discussion, no assessment).
- Problem solving using operations on integers
- Introduction to rational numbers (with examples only, representation on number line and word problems not required)
- Decimal representation of rational numbers
- Problem solving using operations on rational numbers and decimal fractions
- Fraction as an operator
- Reciprocal of a fraction
- Multiplication and division of decimal fractions
- Exponents only natural numbers. (Expressing any natural number in exponent form only, and also finding the value of given exponents without using any Laws. Only problems such as, 43, 23 . 34, 32 + 62 to be included.
- Revision of idea of sets without solving any sums based on representation of sets, Roster form, tabular form, finite, infinite sets etc.
- Equal, equivalent, universal sets
Theme 2: Ratio and Proportion
- Converting fractions and decimals into percentage and vice-versa.
- Application to profit and loss: single transaction only. (Only Profit, Loss, Profit % and Loss %. Discount problems not required).
- Application to simple interest (time period in complete years).
Theme 3: Algebra
- Generate algebraic expressions
- Performs simple operations (addition and subtraction) on algebraic expressions with integral coefficients only.
- Simple linear equations in one variable (in contextual problems) with two operations. (Simple word problems with two operations is included)
Theme 4: Geometry
- Pairs of angles (linear, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, vertically opposite)
NOTE: Concept to be explained clearly but the level of difficulty should be reduced
- Properties of triangles:
– Angle sum property
– Exterior angle property
– Construction of simple triangles. (SSS, SAS, ASA, RHS).
Theme 5: Mensuration
- Revision of perimeter and Idea of Circumference of Circle
- Area of a circle.
- Concept of measurement using a basic unit area of a square, rectangle, triangle, circle, and combined figures (2 similar figures to be combined- 2 squares, 2 rectangles, 2 circles).
Theme 6: Data Handling
- Mode of ungrouped data – understanding what they represent