The focus of ICSE Class 7 Syllabus of History and Civics is to help children acquire and develop the ability to make interconnections between processes and events; between developments in the past and the present; and between one curricular area to another. The ICSE Class 7 History and Civics syllabus describes the learning outcomes, key concepts, transitional processes and learning resources. To get a complete understanding, download the ICSE Class 7 Syllabus PDF of History and Civics.
Students can have a look at the core concepts of the History and Civics syllabus below:
Download ICSE Class 7 History Syllabus – The Medieval World
Students can find the main topics of the History syllabus below. The subtopic of these have been provided in detail in the pdf.
Medieval Europe – Rise and Spread of Christianity
- Meaning of the term ‘Medieval’, tracing the beginning of Medieval period in the world and India on the basis of evidences.
- Socio / political circumstances.
- Birth of Christianity.
- Roman conquest of Palestine.
- Main Teachings of Jesus.
- Role of Emperor Constantine in spreading Christianity.
- Emergence of Constantinople as a new Christian Capital.
- Decline of the Ancient Roman Empire.
- Byzantium: birth of a new empire
- Emergence of the Turks and the Crusades.
Rise and Spread of Islam
- Birth of Prophet Mohammad
- Early life teachings and five basic principles of Islam
- Spread of Islam
The Delhi Sultanate
- The Turkish invasions The rule of the five dynasties of Delhi Sultanate period, the important rulers and their significance (briefly):
– Mamluk / Slave Dynasty -Iltutmish, Ghiyasuddin Balban;
– Khilji Dynasty – Alauddin Khilji;
– uglaq dynasty – Mohammand bin Tuglaq.
The Mughal Empire
- An Overview of the Mughal Empire.
- The first battle of Panipat and establishment of Mughal Empire.
- Akbar: a case study of Akbar and his times. (relation with other rulers, administrator, revenue system, religious policy).
- Aurangzeb and his Deccan policy.
- Decline of Mughal Empire
Download ICSE Class 7 Civics Syllabus
ICSE Class 7 Civics mainly consists of 2 topics. There are subtopics covered under them, which students can know by downloading the pdf.
The Constitution of India
- The Constitution – its meaning and purpose.
- The role of the Constituent Assembly.
- The Preamble, its aims and objectives.
Directive Principles of State Policy
- Welfare State – Features.
- Directive Principles of State Policy – Meaning and Importance
We have compiled the syllabus of all the subjects of Class 7 ICSE board. Students can access them by visiting the ICSE Class 7 Syllabus page at BYJU’S. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on ICSE/CBSE/State Board and other competitive exams.