Math is a subject of incredible influence in our lives. We often use the mathematical concepts and skills we learn from doing math problems without even realizing it. The laws of mathematics govern everything around us, and without a good understanding of them, one can encounter significant difficulties in life. ICSE class 6 is the year in which the students of ICSE Syllabus learn the fundamentals of the subject Maths. ICSE Class 6 Mathematics introduces the students to a wide range of mathematical topics. Understanding these topics are very much essential to understand the higher level concepts in class 7. The Maths experts at BYJU’S prepare study materials exclusively for the Class 6 Maths students with utmost care and proper references. From syllabus and textbook solutions to sample papers and important questions, the study materials by BYJU’S covers it all.
ICSE Class 6 Maths Chapters
|Percentage||Basic Geometrical Concepts|
|Operations on Integers||Quadrilaterals|
|Factors and Multiples||Linear Symmetry|
|Ratio and Proportion||Practical Geometry|
|Algebraic Expressions||Perimeter and Area of Plane Figures|
|Linear Equations in One Variable||Statistics|
The syllabus of ICSE Class 6 Maths prescribed by CISCE covers course structure, duration of time, unitwise marking weightage, etc. Students should study referring to the syllabus to score well in exam because final question paper of Maths will be prepared referring to it. Even textbook of Maths is designed according to the syllabus of Maths.
The sample paper of ICSE Class 6 help students while revising the complete syllabus in a short time. It is prepared referring to previous year question papers which provide students ample number of questions from different chapters to practise. By solving these sample papers students can improve their performance as well as time management.
Important Questions of ICSE Class 6 Maths provide students with important formulas and concepts. Practising these important questions will make their concepts stronger. These important questions will give them an idea about important topics from each and every chapter that need to be focused.
ICSE Class 6 Maths Videos
How to prepare for ICSE Class 6 Maths Examination?
- Prepare a timetable and ensure to follow it strictly.
- Solve sample papers at the end of every month to ensure that your preparation is on the right path.
- While studying, make it a habit to write short notes.
- Make sure that you don’t leave any topic unattended.
- Study the chapters or topics taught on the same day. Leaving it for the next will only increase your burden.
Why should you learn Maths in Class 6?
- You can learn to tell time accurately with the help of mathematics.
- You can cook better with maths as the measurement of different ingredients play an important role in enhancing the taste of the food you cook.
- Math can help you shop without spending too much. It enables you to calculate the substance bought and the cost of it as well.
- Maths can help you calculate the distance travelled, the number of toffees you have and much more.
- Maths can help you with your finance, your income and expenses.