The University of Cambridge’s Local Examinations Syndicate is responsible for the establishment of the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. The ICSE schools follow a syllabus that varies tremendously from the schools following other syllabi, chiefly in terms of the volume and content. The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) conducts an ICSE exam at the end of Class 10. The ICSE Board syllabus is the one main factor affecting your results. Hence, following and studying the topics mentioned in it is essential to score high in the board exam.
The ICSE syllabus is more detailed and requires the student to remember a lot. It is balanced and gives equal focus on language, arts and science. ICSE Syllabus for all the classes is available here. For students, those who are preparing for their upcoming syllabus is very important. The ICSE Board syllabus includes summary and list of chapters to be studied during the teaching and learning process in a particular class or grade. It is always important to have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus before you start your preparation. So, keeping the importance of it in mind we provide an elaborate view of the ICSE Board syllabus which helps students what the topic is about and gives them a clear idea of what they are going to study.
ICSE Syllabus for Class 6
The ICSE syllabus for Class 6 we have provided here will help students to develop their key concepts on various topics. A detailed structure of the ICSE Class 6 syllabus has been given for the academic year 2019-2020 so that students can start their preparation accordingly. With the help of the ICSE Board syllabus, students will get a clear idea and better understand the topics.
|ICSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 6 Physics Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 6 Chemistry Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 6 Biology Syllabus|
ICSE Syllabus for Class 7
The Class 7 syllabus of ICSE board helps students to learn new concepts that cannot be taken granted. It is important to understand these new concepts as they are the base for the next topics or higher classes. The syllabus of ICSE Class 7 is prepared in such a way so that students find it very effective and interesting to learn. Knowing the ICSE Board syllabus will help them to know what they are going to study for that particular academic year.
|ICSE Class 7 Maths Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 7 Physics Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 7 Chemistry Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 7 Biology Syllabus|
ICSE Syllabus for Class 8
The ICSE syllabus of Class 8 for all the subjects are provided here which gives detailed in formation about the topics and subtopics students are going to be taught for the academic year 2019-2020. It also gives information about the unitwise marking scheme, projects, assignments and duration period for each unit. Students of ICSE Class 8 are advised to have proper knowledge of the syllabus before they dive into the studies.
|ICSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 8 Physics Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 8 Chemistry Syllabus|
|ICSE Class 8 Biology Syllabus|
ICSE Syllabus for Class 9
Class 9 syllabus of ICSE Board for all the subjects provides information on the course content, unitwise marks distribution, projects, assignments, etc. It helps students while preparing for their upcoming exam and scoring well in the exam. The syllabus of ICSE Class 9 is a valuable resource for students as it gives an idea about the topics and subtopics that need to be studied for the academic year.
ICSE Syllabus for Class 10
Students of ICSE Class 10 are advised to through the syllabus of each subject to have proper knowledge of the topics and concepts to be covered in each subject. It gives a proper overview of the subjects which helps them to prepare accordingly. The ICSE syllabus of Class 10 is structured in such a way that it provides information from basic concepts to higher ones.
Some of The Advantages of ICSE Board Syllabus:
- The ICSE board follows a syllabus that is more extensive and complete, incorporating all topics as well as giving equal importance.
- Students interested in choosing a career in the field of management or that in humanities will find the syllabus followed by ICSE to be more exciting and challenging, along with being extremely fruitful.
- The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education board provides the certificate that is recognized throughout the world.
- Students from this board are a step ahead of the students from other boards in exams like Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) due to the importance given to the subject of English in ICSE.
How does syllabus help students in their preparation?
- Make sure that you read the entire ICSE syllabus carefully right at the beginning of the academic session to get an idea of the course structure.
- Make a list of topics mentioned in the ICSE syllabus for a particular chapter before starting it to refrain yourself from wasting time on irrelevant topics.
- You would be in a position to decide the amount of time each section would need if you have a clear understanding of your syllabus as well as the weightage to various sections.