ICSE board keeps up a conventional educational model in all aspects. The board reviews the learning needs of the students as well as assesses the present situation and provides suitable syllabus on the basis of this evaluation. ICSE syllabus for Class 6 Physics is up to date and contains all fundamental topics and sub-topics that would be covered in the year ahead. The syllabus is adequately designed based on current educational trends.
Physics Syllabus for Class 6 ICSE Board:
- States of Matter
- Solids, Liquids and Gases
- Characteristics of Solids, Liquids and Gases
- Distinguishing properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases.
Physical Quantities and Measurement:
- Measurement of Length
- Measurement of Mass
- Measurement of Time
- Measurement of Temperature
- Measurement of Area
- Force as a push or pull.
- Effects of force on
- Speed Direction
- Change in shape and size
- Force of Friction
- Simple Machines
- Types of Simple Machines:
- Different Orders of Levers
- Numericals based on mechanical advantage or leverage
- Rectilinear Propagation of Light
- Applications of rectilinear propagation of light
- Pinhole camera
- Magnetic and non-magnetic substances.
- Characteristics of a magnet.
- Properties of magnets
- Magnetic field around a magnet.
- Earth’s magnetic field.