ICSE keeps up a conventional educational model in all aspects. The board reviews the learning needs of the students as well as assesses the present situation and provides a suitable syllabus on the basis of this evaluation. ICSE syllabus for Class 6 Physics is up to date and contains all fundamental topics and sub-topics that will be covered in the year ahead. The ICSE Syllabus is adequately designed based on current educational trends.
Theme 1: Matter
- Matter- its meaning and composition.
States of Matter
- Solids, Liquids and Gases.
- Characteristics of Solids, Liquids and Gases (Shape, texture and Volume).
- Distinguishing properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases.
Theme 2: Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Measurement of Length
- Measurement of Mass
- Measurement of Time
- Measurement of Temperature
- Measurement of Area
Theme 3: Force
- Force as a push or pull
- Effects of force on
- Mass (No Effect)
- Direction (rest and motion)
- Change in shape and size
- Using real world examples only
- Force of Friction
Theme 4: Energy
- Simple Machines
- Types of Simple Machines
- Different Orders of Levers
- Numericals based on mechanical advantage or leverage
Load × Load arm = Effort × Effort arm.
Theme 5: Light
- Rectilinear Propagation of Light
- Applications of rectilinear propagation of light.
- Pinhole camera
Theme 6: Magnetism
- Magnetic and non-magnetic substances
- Characteristics of a magnet
- Properties of magnets
- Magnetic field around a magnet
- Earth’s magnetic field.
- Making of Magnets
- Permanent & temporary magnets and their uses
- Electromagnets and
- choice of material for the core of an electromagnet
- Care & storage of magnets
- Demagnetization by heating, hammering and electricity
Physics is a subject which contains a lot of numericals and concepts to remember. Keeping this in mind, we at BYJU’S have provided the PDF of ICSE Class 6 Syllabus, which can be accessed by students without any time constraints.