ICSE keeps up a conventional educational model in all aspects. The board reviews the learning needs of the students as well as assesses the present situation and provides suitable syllabus on the basis of this evaluation. ICSE syllabus for Class 6 Physics is up to date and contains all fundamental topics and sub-topics that would be covered in the year ahead. The ICSE syllabus is adequately designed based on current educational trends.
Theme 1: Matter
- Matter- its meaning and composition.
States of Matter
- Solids, Liquids and Gases.
- Characteristics of Solids, Liquids and Gases (Shape, texture and Volume).
- Distinguishing properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases.
Theme 2: Physical Quantities and Measurement
- Measurement of Length
- Measurement of Mass
- Measurement of Time
- Measurement of Temperature
- Measurement of Area
Theme 3: Force
- Force as a push or pull
- Effects of force on
- Mass (No Effect)
- Direction (rest and motion)
- Change in shape and size
- Using real world examples only
- Force of Friction
Theme 4: Energy
- Simple Machines
- Types of Simple Machines
- Different Orders of Levers
- Numericals based on mechanical advantage or leverage
Load × Load arm = Effort × Effort arm.
Theme 5: Light
- Rectilinear Propagation of Light
- Applications of rectilinear propagation of light.
- Pinhole camera
Theme 6: Magnetism
- Magnetic and non-magnetic substances
- Characteristics of a magnet
- Properties of magnets
- Magnetic field around a magnet
- Earth’s magnetic field.
- Making of Magnets
- Permanent & temporary magnets and their uses
- Electromagnets and
- choice of material for the core of an electromagnet
- Care & storage of magnets
- Demagnetization by heating, hammering and electricity